Chapter 2

The airport was too busy and crowded for the teens to get in more than two words to each other. By the time the class got their luggage Michelle was quickly approached by her older sister Maya and whisked off back to their apartment in queens.

Maya is a going into her last year an NYU. She looked just like Michelle, but she was a few shades darker in complexion and her hair was short and dyed a deep purple. Maya also had two nose rings and her ears were pierced everywhere. Other than that, they looked exactly the same. Michelle has always had a good relationship with her sister. Maya was, until recently, the only friend Michelle had. These sisters were as thick as thieves and told each other everything.

Maya asked her many questions about the trip on the car ride home, Michelle halfheartedly answered, her mind elsewhere.

"What's wrong Chelly? Last time I talked to you said you're having a good time, Maya stated. "What happened between then and now?"

Michelle sighed dramatic, "Well...you see, there's this boy, that I've liked for a while and now I know he likes me back and I don't know where we stand." Michelle looked out the window and shrugged,

Maya, with a full grin on her face turned to Michelle and said, "It's that peter boy isn't it?! I knew you liked him. It wasn't hard to guess, its written all over your face when you see him."

The fact that Michelle's face is usually unreadable shows that these sisters really do know each other.

"UGHH! I didn't even get a chance to talk to him on the plane or at the airport. And they you come and drag me away."

Maya snorts at her sister, "don't blame me cause y'all got no game."

After a short silence Maya gave Michelle some older sister advice. "You should just text him and ask to meet up today. Don't even wait for him to say something, because from what I can tell he's not the courageous type to make the first move."

That's where you're wrong. He's got more courage than anyone in this city. Michelle thought. Even though Michelle and her sister told each other everything, she knew this Spider-Man a secret was not hers to share. This was going to be tough to keep cause Maya always knew when Michelle was lying.

"Text him Michelle" Maya repeated more forcefully.

"Okay. I will, Jesus" Michelle rolled her eyes and looked out the window again.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's been two days since Michelle had that conversation with her sister, and Michelle still hasn't texted Peter Parker.

It's around 9 in the morning and Michelle is laying on her bed staring at the ceiling. She couldn't even read a book because her mind was going a mile a minute.

It's been too long to text him now.

It'll be so awkward.

What if I'm left on read!

Shut up MJ just do it already!!

Michelle snapped out of her thoughts, grabbed her phone and sent off a text to Peter before she could talk herself out of it.

MJ: Hey loser, what are you at today?

She didn't a reply for a few minutes, and just when Michelle thought she was never going text again, Peter messaged back.

Peter: I was gonna do over Ned's to play a new game he got but I can cancel.

Michelle: Do that. Meet me at Local Java at noon.