Chapter 12

The weekend came by faster than Michelle wanted it to. She spent the week mostly working, reading, and hanging out with Peter. Sometimes Ned would join them. Brad didn't show up to the store the rest of the week, for which Michelle was thankful. She also didn't tell Peter about Brad and just planned on avoiding him at Betty's house.

Michelle's mother and sister had work and left earlier in the day. Michelle was waiting for Betty to come and get her since she didn't have a car to get to Betty's house. It was a little past six then Michelle saw Betty pull up at her apartment. She grabbed her things, locked her apartment and left. She was picked up in a white SUV with Betty in the driver's seat.

Michelle open up the passenger's seat and got in to find Peter, and Ned already in the back seat.

"Hey Betty, Sup losers." she said.

"MJ I'm so happy you're coming!! I even saved you the front seat!" Betty said drowning out whatever Peter and Ned said behind her.

"We just have one more stop to get Gwen. Flash is picking up Brad, and Harry is getting Felicia and Cindy. Oh, tonight is gonna be so much fun!!" Betty was almost jumping with joy.

"Yeah tonight is gonna be dope betty," Ned added. Michelle could see Betty's face turn a bit red as she pulled away towards Gwen's place.

Betty gave Ned the aux cord and he started playing a song all of them knew. They all started singing loudly, except Michelle who sang quietly in her seat.

As they were getting close to Gwen's place Betty said to Ned and Peter, "Okay you too need to hide real quick in case her dad decides to come outside."

As they were pulling up in front of Gwen's places, Betty tells the guys to duck and they do. "In hindsight I should have picked up Gwen first." she mumbles.

Betty rolls down her window and waves to Gwen's dad as Gwen runs out of the door. "Hi, Mr. Stacy! I'll have her back safe and sound tomorrow!"

"Have fun you girls!" he waves and walks back into the house.

Gwen quickly hops into the car next to Peter. "Okay, Betty we gotta go before he comes back out." Betty starts driving to her house.

"Hey guys, what's happening." Gwen asked the boy. They answer her and then Gwen turns to Michelle, "Oh, hi Michelle, I didn't see you there."

Michelle thinks this is highly unlikely since Gwen is sitting behind the driver, but she lets it pass. "Hey Gwen." Michelle says blandly, but Gwen had already moved on to talking to Peter.

"So, peter, how's your summer been going? I was really bummed I couldn't go to Europe with you all." Gwen says with a pout in her lips.

"Yeah Europe was fun I guess," Peter rubbed his neck. "I've just been hanging with Ned and MJ since we've been back." Peter shrugged.

"It sounds like you and Ned have been having a good summer." Gwen said back.

Michelle didn't miss the fact that Gwen completely left out her name, and Peter didn't miss it either.

"MJ's been there too."

"Yeah..." was all Gwen said.

Michelle didn't really have an opinion about Gwen before today. She was always just someone from school that was there. Now however, Michelle definitely did not like her at all. Michelle doesn't dislike people often, she's more indifferent to people than anything. But lately, Brad, and Gwen are at the top of that list.

Betty starts talking to Gwen, while Peter talking to Ned about something, they both find fascinating. Michelle is sitting in silence, listening to the conversations around her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Soon they make it to Betty's House, and it looked beautiful. It was two mid-century modern home. Much bigger than the apartment Michelle shares with her family, which made Michelle feel a bit self-conscious.

As they were pulling into the driveway, Flash's and Harry's cars pull up behind them.

Flash jumps out of the car, "The Party's Here!!" Brad is right behind him.

Harry, Cindy, and Felicia jump out of Harry's car talking to themselves.

Betty runs out of the car to hug the friends she hasn't seen for a while. The rest if the group follow her. As Michelle was getting out of the car and grabbing her things, she noticed Gwen trip and fall on to Peter. He grabbed her so she doesn't fall to the ground.

"Thanks for catching me Peter!" Gwen says sweetly, holding on to Peters arms, "Wow peter, you've got some strong arms."

"Couldn't let you fall now could I." Peter tells her and wiggles his way out of her grasp. He leaves her and walks up to Michelle.

Michelle glances behind Peter at where he left Gwen, she gave Michelle a wink and walked towards the house.

Michelle scowls at peter, "Gwen has a thing for you," she tells him bluntly.

"You got all that from a car ride, where I barely talked to her?" he asks.

"Well I am more perceptive than you," she tells him.

"MJ are you...Jealous?!" Peter asked laughing.

Michelle shoved him, "Shut up loser," then throw her bag at him to carry. Peter chuckles and grabs her things, "Maybe now you know what it feels like." He says under his breath.

"Hurry up you lovebirds! I'm about to give a tour!" Betty yelled at Michelle and Peter. They just realized that they were still at the car while everyone else was ready to go in the house. They run to the group.

"Okay you guy I have two rules. Number one: don't break anything, and number two, don't go into my parents' room. They'll know if anything's been moved. Other than that, we can literally do what we want!" Bettys yells them and leads then into the house.

The house is nice on the inside with neutral color with pops if yellow and blue here and there. It was a decent size for and there was a pool in the backyard. The living room had a giant flat screen tv with two cozy couches and many multicolored floor pillows. The kitchen was all white but looks well used. There is a guest room on this floor and leading out to the pool is the deck. Upstairs had two more rooms plus the master suit. Betty's room was not how Michelle pictured it at all, it was a forest green color with white accents. The group goes back downstairs waiting instructions from Betty.

"Y'all wanna go swimming? Evening swimming it really nice since it not that hot." Betty asked.

"Sure."

"Why not."

"I'm down."

"Anything for you sweet cheeks."

"Great, boys can get changed down here and us girls will go to my room," betty says walking with the rest of the girls.

They go their separate ways and Michelle is feeling a bit awkward since she's not really friends with any of the girls besides Betty, and she definitely doesn't like Gwen. How bad can it be thought? She thought.  

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

because its the thanksgiving holiday, and im not posting on Friday, im giving y'all a gift of 2 chapters today! So on to the next -->