Chapter 33

CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE. You have been warned lmao. 

It's a few days before graduation, when Michelle is finally allowed out of the hospital with instructions to take it easy for a while. She started her physical therapy a few days after she woke up from her coma. She can't walk or stand for long like she used to, but with each passing day she's getting stronger than the last. Michelle really wants to walk across the graduation stage on solid footing, so she's been pushing herself.

Because Michelle was in a coma for a month and a half and her grades were stellar, she didn't have to worry about finishing her schoolwork she missed, and Michelle is allowed to graduate with the rest of her class.

Throughout the weeks Michelle noticed that Peter has been visiting her less and less, and she hasn't seen him at all for a few days now. Michelle gets the feeling that Peter is being distant because he wants to break up with her and she is freaking out a bit.

Sitting in bed, Michelle has had enough of the silence Peter was giving her and was going to find out what's going on.

"Maya!!" Michelle yelled from her room to her sister.

Maya walked into her room lazily. "What?" She wasted no time asking.

"Can you take me to Peter's please, I really need to talk to him." Michelle said, putting on her shoes.

Maya gave her a knowing look. "Is that because he's been avoiding you since you woke up?" She went to sit down next to her sister.

Michelle looks a little sad, but then Maya said, "I'm sure he's just being weird because of the accident, he'll get over it." She stood up and grabbed Michelle's hand, "Come on, let's go get your man."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Michelle and Maya pulled up to Peter's apartment ten minutes later. "Okay, Chelley, do you want me to wait for you?"

Michelle thought about it for a minute, "Nah, I'll just call you when we're done talking." She slowly got out of the car.

"Alright, I'll be at the cafe down the street," Maya says and drives away.

Michelle takes a deep breath and starts walking up the stairs on slightly shaky legs.

After a few minutes she made it to Peter's door where she caught her breath for a few seconds and then knocked.

Peter opens the door and sees Michelle. He looks a little shocked seeing her there.

"MJ!" Peter says as Michelle pushes her way into the apartment.

"Why have you been avoiding me, Parker?" Michelle says standing in the middle of the living room.

Peter looks at her and rubs the back of his neck, "I haven't been avoiding you." he mumbles.

Michelle stared at him and crosses her hands on her chest.

Sighing, Peter says, "you should sit down MJ, you're still not steady on your feet." he gestures to the couch.

"Are you going to tell me why you've been avoiding me?"

He nods. Michelle sits down, and Peter follows her. She waits for a few seconds for him to gather his thoughts, but she soon gets impatient.

"Tell me why you've been avoiding me? It's because of the accident, right?" She asked.

"But it wasn't an accident MJ." Peter tells her. "The Green Goblin, saw you at the window and chose to hurt you."