Chapter 19

The following Monday Michelle was heading to the heart of the city for her interview with Sara Brant, Bettys mother, at the Daily Bugle. She brought some of her best writing samples, her sketch pad and a recent copy of her school transcript with her. Michelle was determined to get this internship now that she thought more about it. She was looking to getting into some Arts and Writing programs in once she applied to universities.

Michelle reached the huge building the read 'The Daily Bugle' on the front of the building. She pushed the doors opened and walked to the front desk. At the front desk say a man to engrossed in his computer.

"Hello," Michelle says trying to get his attention.

The Man looked up at her, "there aren't any school tours scheduled for today." then he goes back to his computer

Michelle rolls her eyes at him, "Well that's good because in not here for a school tour. My name is Michelle Jones. I have an interview with Mrs. Brant, she's the head of the Science an-"

"I know who she," he cuts her off and starts calling someone on the phone.

"Hey Lisa, I have a Michelle Johnson here-"

"Jones," Michelle corrected.

"She says her has an interview with Mrs. Brant....... okay, I'll send her up" and he hangs up.

"Ok Miss Johnson-

"Jones," Michelle corrects him again.

"Whatever, Here's a name tag. Head to the elevators got floor 15. Once you get off the elevator go through the double doors and you should see the front desk woman Lisa." He hands Michelle her visitors name tag with the name 'Johnson' crossed out for "Jones."

Asshole, Michelle thought.

Michelle got on the elevator with a couple other people, all dressed in their business attire. Michelle probable should have put more work into what she wore. She had on black jeans, with no rips in them, black ankle boots, and a yellow blouse. She felt under dressed, but it was too late to turn back now.

Michelle got off on floor 15 and found the front deck easily.

"Hi, I'm Michelle jones, I'm here for the internship interview with Mrs. Brant." Michelle tells the woman, Lisa, at the front desk.

"Sure, I'll let her know you're here. You can wait there," Lisa points at the set of chairs and Michelle sat down.

Not even 30 seconds later Mrs. Brant came out of her office, "Michelle Jones, you may come in now." was all Mrs. Brant said and went into her office. Michelle quickly stood up and followed.

They get into Mrs. Brants' office and she motioned Michelle to sit down in one of the seats across from her. Mrs. Brant looked like an older more severe looking version of Betty. She was wearing a navy business suit and her hair was tied back into a low bun. Her eyes were a severe shade of green that looked right into your soul.

"I know you're friends with Betty, that's the reason you have an interview. However, that does not guarantee you a spot with us. I like to judge a person on what they have to offer. Is that understood." Mrs. Brant says with no nonsense.

"Yes Ma'am" Michelle says, her home training peaking thought.

"Let me see your Transcript, please" Mrs. Brant asked and Michelle hands them to her.

"So, you're a smart one aren't you Michelle. You going to be taking AP chemistry, Biology, and English. Advance Government and Calculus. You have a busy year ahead of you along with being Captain of the Academic Decathlon and all the other electives you're taking," She says looking over the papers. "You have a 4.0. GPA. I expected as much." Mrs. Brant actually laughs, however slightly.