Chapter 24

Michelle wakes up the next morning to banging on her door.

"Michelle, I'm leaving for work, I'll see you when I get home. Bye!" Anna says and takes off to work.

Her mother goes to work at 6 every morning and wakes up Michelle every day to tell her she's leaving.

Michelle wakes up to find Peter sleeping behind her and she remembers the vents of last night. She turns to face Peter and she shakes him awake.

"Peter, you have to go home." She tries to wake him, but he just curls himself closer to her and mumbles something Michelle doesn't understand.

"Peter if you don't go home soon May is gonna know you didn't come back last night." Michelle says firmer to him this time.

Peter finally decides to wake up. He looks at Michelle and said, "Hey."

"Hey," she says back, getting up. Peter does the same.

Once Peter was dressed, he headed out the window, and Michelle followed.

At the window, Peter leans in to kiss her. When their lips touch Michelle thought if felt different this time. It was soft and caring and filled with so many emotions. She loves it. She loved him.

Peter pulled away, and their foreheads connect, and they close their eyes. Michelle can hear Peter taking a deep breath before he says, "I meant what I said last night." he continues softly, "I am in love with you MJ."

Michelle knows she love Peter, but it's a little harder for her to say it out loud than it is for him, but she finds with will, "I love you too, Peter," she said quietly.

"I know," Peter grins.

"Good. Then know that I won't be spouting sonnets to you every waking moment."

Peter gives her a warm laugh, "I'll see you at school." Then he jumps out of the window. Michelle watched him swing away she already misses his presence.

Jesus, I'm turning into one of those RomCom characters I make fun of, Michelle thought getting ready for her day.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<>>>>

At school, Betty was the first to realize Michelle and Peter weren't avoiding each other anymore. "Please tell me you too are back together?" Betty whined.

"We were never not together, Betty." Peter answers.

Betty squalls and takes a picture of them. Peter and Michelle grown.

"Yay! I love you two together!" Betty says squeezing herself between the couple to take both their arms in hers, "Now let's get to class."

The day goes but fast without any problems. At the end of the day Michelle puts up signs for the Academic Decathlon that will be starting next week. Michelle and Peter came up with a compromise about the Decathlon. Michelle will try to be accommodating about him missing some practices if he promises to be there where he can, put in some extra practices with either herself, Ned, or Betty, and to not miss any tournaments. Peter thinks Michelle got the better deal.

<<<<<>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<>>>>>>><<<<<<<>>>

Later that day, Michele and Peter are hanging out in Michelle's apartment hanging out and watching black and white films. Anna is usually home by this time, so Michelle is wondering where she is about now. A few moments later her mother calls.