Chapter 8

Michelle and Peter have been officially together for almost a month now. Things have been going good for the pair. They've gotten very comfortable being around each other. They haven't gone and further that kissing and slight touching but there were a few occasions where they could have gone much further with each other but one of them would stop beforehand.

Michelle took her sisters advice and started carrying condoms on her person. Not because she expected to use then anytime soon but she likes to be prepared for anything,

Michelle was hanging out with Peter in his room. May was home so everything was very innocent, not unlike it normally is. Michelle accidentally dropped her bag on the floor, and everything fell out. Peter went to help her pick everything up off the floor when he found the condoms. His entire face turned red as he picked it up. He didn't know what to say.

Michelle noticed Peter's sudden mood shift and look at what's in his hand. Michelle is mortified.

She didn't want him to find them. She didn't want him to assume anything from them. Michelle snatched it away from him and quickly gathered her things.

Peters face was still beet red as he looked up at her, "Uh..." was all he could say.

Michelle runs out of Peter's room right into May.

"Leaving Michelle?" May asked.

Michelle tried to make an excuse to why she has to leave so sudden and her brain was quickly malfunctioning, "uh, my sister, she needs uh...soap." God Michelle! She thought.

Peter walked out of his room face still red like a fire truck. May look between the two of them "Soap?" she asked slowly.

"Yep soap, bye!" and Michelle runs out of the apartment leaving May and Peter staring at her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Michelle ran back to her apartment. Once she gets to her apartment, she shuts the door and leans against it. She's probably overreacting but she didn't know what else to do besides run away.

Michelle takes a deep breath and looks around her apartment. Her sister and mother are probably still at work and won't be home until much later. Maya started a fellowship at a law firm and she's helping on a big case so she might not even come back tonight or tomorrow.

She sighed. Michelle needed someone to talk to about this. She couldn't talk to Ned, she wouldn't talk to Brad, Peter was a no go. But there was one person she could call....

The phone was ringing, "Hello?"

"Hey Betty, its MJ."

"Oh, Hey MJ, what's going on?! I've been thinking about you recently. I would have called but my family and I went to the country for some R&R. Hahaha. I Just got back like two days ago. So, what are you calling for? Do you just wanna talk? Cause that would be great too! I'm so glad we're close enough friends for you to call!!!" Betty squealed.

Michelle almost hung up the phone but instead decided to stay on the line, "Uh yeah, so how's your summer going after Europe?"

"Oh, it's sooo boring. Nothing has really been happening with me, but I heard through the grapevine that you and Peter are a thing now." Betty laughed.

Michelle was stunned it's not like she's hiding their relationship but only a few people know about her and Peter.

"How did you know about us?" Michelle asked.

"Oh, Ned told me. He just said it in passing. I don't even thing he realized it. Uh no, did I get him in trouble? I didn't know you guys wanted to keep it a secret. I haven't told anyone if that's what you're thinking. I wouldn't tell anyone anyways, that's your business." Betty says quickly.