Chapter 6

Michelle and Peter walk hand in hand to a nearby burger shack. They go in and order their food. Peter order two cheeseburgers, three large fries, and apple pie, and a large strawberry milkshake. Michelle ordered a burger and fry meal with a sprite.

"Where does all that food even go?" Michelle look at all of Peters food in disgust.

Peter shrugs, "I gotta keep up my energy for when I go on patrols."

"Oh, I see, Spider-man's a big ol' fat ass." Michelle laughs.

Peter laughs as well, "You're not wrong."

Peter changed the subject.

"Did you know Brad worked there when you took the job."

"No but if I had known I would still want to work there. And he doesn't work at the store, his grandmother owns the place and he helps out from time to time."

"So, his family owns it, That even worse!" Peter crosses his arms and frowns.

"Aww Peter, are you...Jealous?" Michelle asked smiling.

Peter pouts, "No, I just don't want him around you is all," Peter looked out the window.

"Well you're going to have to deal with it cause I'm not quitting my job." Michelle said. She leans back into her seat, "The summer is boring, and it gives me something to do"

"You can hang out with Ned and Me, you can even hang out with Betty, she's pretty cool." Peter is still trying to get her to see reason.

"Ned only leaves the house to go to your place, I don't even know what Betty's doing, my mom and sister are almost never home during the day, and you're always off saving the world. So, excuse me if I need something to do during the day." Michelle was getting more irritated as she spoke.

Peter looks down at his hands, almost like her ashamed, "Sorry, I didn't realize..."

Michelle sighs, "It's fine Peter, Let's finish eating so I can get back."

They finished eating in silence and walked out of the shack. Michelle couldn't stand the tension between them anymore. She stopped walking and Peter turned to look at her.

"Peter...I need you to trust me, okay"

"I do trust you, its Brad I don't trust," He mutters.

"Then I need you to trust me when I say nothing will happen with me and Brad. Yes, I'll be around him sometimes but it's all platonic, okay Peter?" Michelle smiles and puts her arm around Peter's side. "He won't steal me away you dork."

Peter smiles and nodes then leans in to kiss her. He puts his hand on her check and deepens the kiss. Michelle doesn't think shell ever get used to kissing him this way. It made her knees weak.

"Get a room!" someone shouts at them.

The two teens pull apart and smile at each other.

"Come on," Peter grabs her hand and pulled her forward, "We gotta get you back to work."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Michelle goes home later after the store closes. Brad offers to walk her home, but she declines, wanting to walk home alone. Peter also offered to come back and walk her home, she again declined but promised to call if she ran into trouble. It wasn't dark yet, so Michelle was fine.

When Michelle got to her apartment, she found Maya in the kitchen eating dinner.

"How was your first day of work?" Maya asked.

Michelle grabbed some food and sat down across from her. Michelle started explaining her day to Maya who listened intently.

Michelle explained her mini argument with Peter and Maya laughed.

"That is the cutest little thing to fight over! If me and my Ex had fought like that, we might still be together...or not since she cheated on me." Maya recalled laughing.

Michelle also laughed, looking back on the argument it was all because Peter was jealous and that somewhat adorable.

"So, tell me," Maya says, "What exactly have you and Peter done now that you're together?" she wiggles her eyebrows at Michelle.

"Jesus Maya, we haven't done anything besides like kiss and hold hands," Michelle answers feeling mildly embarrassed.

"That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard," Maya clutches her heart, then she gets serious. "But you should carry condoms with you just in case. You two are you and starting a new relationship and things can happen pretty fast. And so, I'm too young and free to be an auntie" Even when Maya is trying to be serious, she can help herself from joking a bit.

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," Michelle mumbles.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 A little short but sweet. I Might post on friday but i dont want to get to ahead of myself and public more than i can write, but ill post again monday for sure. BYEE!