Alone

Midoriya POV

Darkness.

Where am I?

My eyes slid open only to be bombarded with memories.

The voice was returning slowly.

Betrayal.

It all pooled at my feet, dark and unforgiving.

Finally my vision cleared.

I stood alone at an empty beach. Tall cliffs towered over me as if trying to prove dominance. A storm was brewing above it all. The grey clouds lighting up with energy waiting to be released. Wind beat at me, trying to knock me down. Whispers filled my ears.

The water licked hungrily, now at my waist. Slowly the noises got louder. It felt like the whole world was screaming at him. I clutched my head and yelled at the pain that it caused.

A dark wave rose and crashed into me, pushing me beneath the cruel water. I swam up with all my might. My efforts were briefly rewarded as I broke to the surface. Sweet air filled my lungs just as another wave pulled me back down.

I was now in a sea of dark water.

Rain fell from the sky, as if the world was pitying my defeat. I watched the ripples the tiny droplets made .

Bubbles escaped my lips and I fell into nothingness...

Consciousness returned.

My eyelids flew back, only to be momentarily blinded by the sudden light.

White.

Everything was white. I noticed once my eyes had adjusted.

Wouldn't someone get bored of such a pure color?

I looked around myself, taking in the surroundings.

I sat on a thin, folded sheet. There were two small mirrors near the ceiling of the room. The walls and floor were padded with a slightly springy material. The door was barely visible in the opposite corner of the room.

I stood up to find myself in a white straight jacket. A muffled sound came from the door. I looked up to see a brown plate with something on it. The aroma didn't smell good or bad.

I carefully walked over to the mysterious substance. The scent was quite familiar. I sat beside the plate and picked it up to examine the contents.

A small loaf of brown bread and charred beef.

Human food. But why?

I tore off a small piece of bread. Knowing what it was, I still shoved it in my mouth.

Immediately my senses were filled with a foul taste. I spat out the dry pastry back onto the plate.

Tears welled in my eyes. I shoved more food into my mouth, but my stomach rejected it each time. I coughed and stared at the mess I made.

My cheeks felt wet and my lips salty with tears

I set down the plate and returned to the spot I woke up at.

The warm tears dripped from my chin and I cried.

How long had I been here?

All the sorrow I had built up, flooding out. The tears would not stop.

I truly was a monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deku is finally back to crying, not Uraraka.

Until next time my lovely readers!

~your not-so-lovely-herself author