A gift

Time seemed nonexistent. Nothing ever changed here, except the lights of course. Midoriya guessed it had been three days since he was captured.

The walls were made of something undefinable. It kept Midoriya trapped inside along with any sound he made. Even though it was quiet, the silence kept him from sleeping.

There was absolutely nothing he could do, except sit and wait. For something, anything really.

He had tried to escape within the first few hours that he had woken up. After awhile, it was clear there was no leaving this place. The only exit was the white, padded door missing a handle.

The more he looked at it, the more the mysterious mirrors seemed like windows. Midoriya vaguely remembered seeing similar ones in the prison he was put in a few days ago.

The straight jacket he wore was modified so it allowed minimal movement of his arms. At least he could pick up things. On the back, just below his shoulder blade was a small latch. It seemed to be the only thing that held the jacket together. However, he could not reach it.

A quiet squeak sounded to his right. He stood up from his seated position, just to see the door closing. Another item had been placed inside his room.

Midoriya sniffed the air nervously. Whatever it was, it didn't smell like human food. He rushed over to inspect the thing.

It was a tiny velvet box. He sat down and picked it up. Midoriya carefully opened it and found a small silver watch inside. It read, 9:17 pm.

He watched as the little hands moved across the face of the watch. The quiet ticking soothed him. He carefully pulled it out of the box as if it might break.

Midoriya carried it to his usual place and leaned back into the corner. The feeling of the two walls beside him comforted him. The lights went dark but he could still see the watch he held.

He was exhausted. The little noise helped with the deafening silence. He eyes closed and he quickly fell asleep.

Midoriya stood in the school cafeteria. He held a tray with bowls of food on it. Uraraka beckoned him to an empty table.

"Lets sit here!" She said smiling. He watched her sit and did the same. When he looked up at her, he was suddenly his at desk.

His classmates poured in from the door, also taking their seats. Uraraka came over to him with a bounce in her step and a bright smile on her face.

"How are you today, Deku?" She asked, leaning onto his desk.

"F-fine, thank you." He heard his own voice say. He looked up at her smiling face, his cheeks warmed as he blushed.

As he looked at her, the scene around them changed once more. Her expression changed to shock.

He was on the floor, wrapped in a blanket. She smelled really good. The sudden burning in his throat intensified in her presence. He looked away only to see her face in a new light.

Heroes surrounded them ass they stood in front of the old villain hideout. Her eyes were milky and her face expressionless. Betrayal.

The fire burned in his throat. Blood. Blood. In a blur, she was in his arms with his mouth on her neck, sucking the life out of her.

"Deku..." She whispered weakly. Midoriya let go in shock. He gabbed her hand, it was cold. The smell of death enveloped her and her fingers slipped out of his, a final breath escaping her lungs.

Tears filled his eyes. No control. No control.

He had just killed Uraraka.

Midoriya sat up fast. Cold sweat on his forehead and tears flowing down his cheeks. Just a dream.

The familiar ticking of the watch next to him filled his ears. Each tick pounded in his ears as he remembered something.

The burning.

He clutched his throat, a soft whimper escaping his lips.

A monster, that's what you are.

His eyes went wide. Midoriya's hands went from his neck to his ears. No no no no no.

I told you, you can never get rid of me.

"Stop!"

Why should I?

"Please."

-Laughter-

"Get out! Get out! Get out!" Tears spilled down his face.

Monster.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!"

"Sir, the subject-" The man in a lab coat was cut off by Sir Nighteye.

"We will wait another day to see how he reacts to test number two." Sir said quietly, his arms crossed. He watched the boy scream, his hands pressed to his head. "This is getting quite interesting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello dear readers!

I have recently seen the growing discussion of the identity of the mysterious character I introduced last chapter. And to that I say, there is one more clue to the identity of this person in the last book, Crimson Secret. I'll let you decide which chapter it's in.

I love talking to you all, so please! Entertain me more. Haha, just kidding. But really, I love hearing your thoughts on the chapters!

I've recently started watching Demon Slayer and its actually quite good. If you're looking for an anime to watch, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for reading, until next chapter! Luv you guys!