ILL

IT WAS A COLD, WINTER morning when Aurora woke up feeling like absolute crap. 

Her muscles ached, her throat felt like it was on fire and her head felt like someone was hammering at it with a sledgehammer. Overall, it wasn't a great morning.

Letting out a loud cough, Aurora glanced over at the clock on the bedside table, it read 10:07 AM. She had overslept. She was suppose to help the twins open up the shop. Feeling confused as to why neither of them woke her up, the black haired witch threw the duvet off her body, shivering instantly at the cold air that nipped at her exposed skin; she was only wearing pyjama pants and a tank top.

Throwing on a sweater she spotted on the floor, she begrudgingly walked out of the bedroom, her eyes stinging from the light of the morning sun. At the exact time as she walked out of the bedroom; coughing and sneezing, the door to the flat opened and Fred came in with an excited look on his face. That, however, changed drastically when he spotted his fiancé looking as pale as a ghost, whilst practically swaying from side to side due to the sudden dizziness she felt.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he frantically rushed over to her, "What's going on? What happened?"

"Shh," Aurora said, placing a finger on his lips to shush him, "Too loud."

Fred's eyes wandered over her face and body, checking for any visible injuries, "Are you okay? You look really pale and sick."

"That's because I am sick," Aurora muttered, her voice sounding raspy due to the pain in her throat and her blocked up nose, "Go away or you'll get sick too," She said, pushing him away lightly.

Fred rolled his eyes and ignored her order, "Let's get you to bed, yeah?"

"I was suppose to help you and George though," Aurora said, trying to walk past the ginger haired man but he was quick to stop her.

"Well, now you're now. Now, off to bed and I'll make you some soup."

"But, George will be down there by himself," Aurora mumbled before letting out a loud cough.

"He's a big boy, he'll be fine," Fred dismissed her statement, "Now, off to bed or you're fired."

"You'll fire me if I don't go to bed?" She asked, raising her eyebrow and sending a tired yet amused look at her fiancé.

"Yeah, I will," Fred puffed his chest out, "Now go."

"Yes, boss," She smirked but turned back around and headed into their shared bedroom. Letting out a loud sigh of comfort when she cuddled up to the warm duvet. 

She must've fallen asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, because the next thing she remembers is being awoken by Fred gently shaking her and whispering her name.

Grudgingly opening her eyes, Aurora noticed the smiling face of Fred Weasley above her and let out a small smile of her own, "I've made you some soup," He announced pointing to the bowl of warm chicken soup on the bedside table.

"Thank you," She said in a raspy voice before letting out a cough and sitting up in their bed. 

He passed her the bowl of soup once she got comfortable causing her to let out a laugh, "I'm ill not paralysed."

"Gotta take care of my girl, don't I."

And that's exactly what he did. 

He brought her more soup when she got hungry. Hot tea with honey when she was thirsty and stroked her hair until she fell asleep, not even caring about the slight possibility of himself getting sick as long as she was cared for, he didn't care.

AN- So that's the first one, I hope you guys liked it. It was quite easy to write 'cause I'm actually kind of sick myself, damn this cold weather!