NEWBORN

FRED HAD JUST FINISHED HIS shift at the Joke Shop and eagerly rushed back home to his wife and newborn son.

As soon as he apparated in the small bungalow, he threw his blazer off; letting it barely land on the coat hanger, before kicking his shoes off and loosening his tie. His feet carried him over towards the master bedroom, trying to be as quiet as he could since he didn't know if Sirius would be asleep or not.

Gently, he opened the door, peering his head around it and smiling widely at the scene in front of him. On their large queen-sized bed was his wife, she was lying on the side, her arm propping her head up and her eyes closed. Right next to her was their newborn son Sirius Remus Weasley, who was clearly fast asleep.

Fred instantly knew Aurora was still awake, as he spotted her fingers stroking their son's arm gently, a gesture that most likely lulled him to sleep merely minutes before Fred arrived back home.

When the ginger haired man opened the door slightly more, it gave off a small creak which finally caught Aurora's attention and her eyes flew open, landing on her husband. She gave him a tired smile as he smiled sheepishly at her, "Did I interrupt your sleep?" He asked in a hushed voice, walking over closer to the bed.

Aurora shook her head, her long chocolate locks flowing freely around her shoulders, "No, don't worry," She whispered back, her eyes watching Fred as he carefully sat down at the edge of the bed, "I just got him down," Aurora added, her tired eyes glancing back at their son.

"You should rest too," Fred stated, "I'll be here if he wakes up."

"Are you sure?" Aurora asked, glancing back up at her husband through her eyelashes.

"Of course," Fred nodded.

She really didn't need him to say more; she was absolute knackered. Gently, she laid her head down onto the pillow, sighing in comfort at the soft feeling under her head before she closed her eyes, sleep welcoming her instantly.