BOYFRIEND

"MUM, LYRA HAS A BOYFRIEND."

Aurora stopped putting the dishes away as she turned around, her eyes wide.

"Fabian, shut up," Lyra Weasley muttered, pushing her older brother violently as he laughed hysterically before running out of the kitchen.

Aurora looked at her only daughter. The young thirteen year old had a sheepish smile on her face and her cheeks were almost as red as her locks, "Is this true?" The black haired witch asked, smiling warmly.

Lyra bit her lip nervously as she refused to make eye contact with her mum, "No..."

Aurora raised her eyebrows and sent the girl a pointed look.

"Maybe..."

Aurora felt herself squealing with excitement as she rushed over to her daughter, "Who is he?" She asked playfully. 

"Who's who?" Fred suddenly asked, entering the kitchen with a puzzled expression on his face.

Lyra instantly looked down, refusing to tell her father anything since he had always told her she was only allowed a boyfriend after turning forty. Something Aurora always scolded him for. 

"LYRA HAS A SECRET BOYFRIEND!" Fabian didn't waste any time in yelling the statement towards the kitchen, where of course, everyone heard it.

Fred's eyes widened as he began to shake his head, "No. Nope. There will not be any of that here, thank you very much," He rambled on, walking around in circles before finally exiting the kitchen.

Aurora couldn't help but looked amused at his reaction, she glanced over at Lyra before both of them burst into laughter.

"Okay," Aurora said, clapping her hands together as she wiped the happy tears from her eyes, "Now, tell me more about this boy."