TELLING THE FAMILY

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

ONCE AURORA TOLD FRED ABOUT her pregnancy, it was time to inform everyone else. So, as casually as they could, the married couple organised a small get together at their new bungalow. 

It was strange but for some reason Aurora felt even more nervous than she was then she had to tell Fred. The ginger haired man was quick to pick up on his wife's nerves and tried everything he could to calm her down, from cleaning the house himself to distracting her with silly pranks.

Aurora felt grateful for Fred and placed a quick kiss on his lips before they got interrupted by a loud knock on their front door. The black haired witch pulled away and looked worriedly at her husband.

"It'll all be okay," Fred told her soothingly, placing a soft kiss on her forehead before he manoeuvred his way to the door. 

It had been another thirty minutes before everyone they invited arrived and Aurora felt sick to her stomach with nerves. She sat besides Fred quietly as everyone chatted away and ate their food. Fred kept squeezing her hand, reassuring her that he was there by her side through it all. As comforting as that gesture usually was, Aurora's hormone spike didn't help the nerves as she suddenly burst into tears.

The whole table went quiet as Fred tried to gently calm his wife down, pulling her into his chest as he whispered comforting words into her ear.

"Aurora, honey, is everything okay?" Molly Weasley asked softly, looking at her daughter-in-law with a worried expression.

Aurora nodded as she wiped her tears away, "Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't know what got over me," She said as she composed herself again, feeling slightly embarrassed from the sudden emotional burst.

"You don't have to apologise," Remus spoke up, everyone else nodded in agreement. 

Aurora glanced over at Tonks, the purple haired woman sent her a reassuring smile and nodded her head encouragingly. When Aurora still didn't say anything, Tonks reached her hand out to the black haired witch. Aurora smiled warmly at the older woman as she gave her hand a squeeze, everyone else apart from Fred looking at them strangely.

"What's going on?" Ron suddenly asked, looking up from his food with a confused expression on his face.

Aurora took a deep breath as she glance over at her husband, squeezing both his and Tonk's hands at the same time before she took a quick glance at everyone else at the table, "Fred and I have to tell you all something..."

"She's pregnant."

Everyone's mouths dropped as they all turned their heads towards George. He smiled smugly before shrugging, "What? It's pretty obvious."

"Thanks for ruining the surprise," Fred stated before he grabbed a bread roll and threw it at his twin.

George ducked causing the bread roll to hit Remus in the side of his face as he stared at Aurora with a shocked yet ecstatic expression.

"Wait, George is right?" Ginny asked with a confused look on her face, she stared between the married couple.

Aurora smiled sheepishly, "Potentially."

Molly Weasley suddenly squealed with excitement as her eyes became glossy with tears. She didn't waste another second as she jumped out of her seat and rushed towards her son and daughter-in-law, bringing both of them into a tight hug as she congratulated them over and over again.

The rest of their guests joined in shortly, all of them congratulating the expecting parents. Even Remus began to silently cry as he engulfed Aurora in hug, causing the black haired witch to let some tears slip out of her chocolate coloured eyes.

By the time everyone left Aurora's and Fred's bungalow, the married couple were exhausted. When Aurora reached their shared bedroom, she spotted Fred already in the bed, the lamp on his bedside table was switched on as he was reading a book Aurora couldn't spot the title of. 

"What are you reading?" She asked, gaining his attention as she climbed into bed.

Fred sheepishly smiled at her, "Nothing."

Raising an eyebrow, Aurora glanced briefly at the book as Fred closed it and placed it down onto the bedside table, a smile formed on her lips as her eyes sparkled. It was a pregnancy book Aurora didn't even know Fred owned, "I love you."

Fred sent her a genuine smile, "I love you too, and I'm so proud of you for today," He told her, wrapping his arms around her waist after he switched the lamp off.

"Well, I think it was George that told them," Aurora chuckled.

"I'll beat him up if you want."

Fred smiled as he felt his wife laughing, "No, don't," Aurora finally said, "If it wasn't for him I'm not sure I would've been able to tell them," She confessed, "Next time it might be easier doing it in smaller groups."

Fred felt his heart fluttering, "Next time?"

Aurora's heart picked up its speed as she realised what she said. Turning around in Fred's arms, looking at the outline of his face from the moonlight, "I didn't mean it like---"

"I'd like there to be a next time."

"W-What?"

Fred smiled even though he knew she couldn't see it in the dark room, "I'd like there to be a next time. Obviously if you want that too," He added quickly, "I don't want to pressure you--"

Aurora cut him off with a soft kiss, "I want a family with you," She breathed out before snuggling into Fred's chest as they fell asleep with soft yet genuine smiles on their faces.