Chapter 24

Tika (nurse from chapter 15) on the side.

Wayne's POV

*At the hospital*

We been sitting out her for more than 3 hours and still nothing about Ebony.

"Bruh I'm hungryyyy." Vince whined.

"Boy this ain't no damn for eating." Mama Valerie said slapping him in the back of the head.

"Ow ma." He said.

"Mama Valerie do you have a dollar I wanna go buy  some chips." Ava said.

"Of course baby." She said handing her 5 one dollar bills.

"The fuck? Why she get to eat? That ain't fair!" Vince said.

"Don't cuss at me. And it is fair so call my ass when ya pregnant too." She said.

"Family of Ebony Hayes." The doctor said.

"Is her mother here?" He asked.

"Um no but I'm her um... Fiancée." I said.

I know some of y'all like would I say that . To be honest I said that cause I knew they wouldn't let me know what happen to her if I said I was her boyfriend.

"Ok can I see you in my office?" He said. I nodded my head and walked with him into his office.

"Well Mr. Neverson, Ebony was shot more than one time and due to the number bullets we seen she was shot 5 times. We were able to take out 4 bullets but the last bullet is really close to her spine. So we will monitor the bullet and soon she will be having another surgery." He said.

"Well can I see her?" I said.

"I'm sorry Mr. Neverson, she's now in coma. There a 50% chance if the bullet is removed she will be Ok but if it the bullet is removed there's another chance she might join her dad up there." He said.

I gave him a confused look. "Her dad?" I said.

"Yea her dad was my best friend until one day him and her mom got into a fight then that when he was driving and called me. While we were talking that's when I heard a crash. Then all I knew was my best friend died from a car crash. The last thing he told me was to take care of Ebony since Drew wasn't born then." He said taking off his glasses.

"If he told you take care of Ebony why didn't you?" I said .

"Cause every time I came to her house her mom wouldn't let me see her. All I did was pray for her." He said.

We spent the whole time talking and getting to know each other. I learned he never had any kids but he was married to his high school girlfriend and they were together since freshmen year. Then about how he used to live in Jersey until he got transferred to here. He also said when Ebony wakes up he's going to stand in as her father.

Unknown POV

"Did ya shoot you her like I told ya to?" I asked.

"Yea ma but why did ya want her dead?" She asked.

"Cause she got my man and if I can't have him no one can." I said.

I was finally glad this bitch was finally shot hopefully she died. Like I said if I can't have Wayne no one can.

Wayne's POV

It has been 2 days already and I miss my baby . The way she would smile, the way she laughs and everything.

I was driving with Autumn to the hospital since Drew was spending the day with Belle for their school project.

*At the hospital*

We walked up to the desk to see a dark skin nurse with long black hair. I wasn't finna lie she was cute from the back until she turned around showing her big baby bump. But she was even beautiful.

"Um what room is Ebony Hayes in?" I asked.

"She's in room 313. You're Wayne right ?" She said.

"Yea. How you know?" I asked.

"Cause  I remember you got shot and I was the nurse that you told me to tell Ebony what you said. Also since Dr. Evans is my uncle and Ebony's dad's best friend ." she said reminding me when I told her to tell Ebony I love her and I'm sorry.

"Oh . What's your name?" I asked.

"Tika." She said.

"That's a pretty name." I said.

"Thanks and whose this beautiful angel." She said.

"I'm Autumn." Autumn said making her smile. Autumn looked at her stomach. "Is there a baby in there ?" Autumn asked.

"Yes baby girl there is." She said.

"How long are you?" I asked.

"So far 5 months . I can't wait til this baby is out of here." She said making me laugh.

Autumn and I made our way to Ebony's room to see Ebony hooked up to all these machines laying there lifeless.

"Daddy when is mommy gonna wake up?" Autumn asked.

"I don't know baby." I said.

"Are you crying Daddy?" She asked.

I cleaned the tears off my face. "No mamas, I was just sweating." I said.

She made a face that made her look just like Elizabeth. "Daddy I know sweat doesn't come from your eyes." She said smirking .

I laughed.

"Its Ok daddy, mommy is going to be Ok." She said making me pull her into a hug .

"I love you baby girl." I said.

"I love you too daddy." She said.

Then she ran to Ebony's bed and kissed her cheek. "I love you mommy, I hope you wake up soon." She said.

So who y'all think the Unknown person is? Y'all like Tika?

Anyways I wanted to make another update since I love y'all. I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to vote and ask questions.