32

Arriving back in California the way I left it...Single. It's not exactly what I thought It'd be like. My dad was driving us home from the airport and the whole time all I could think about is the fact that all of us in my fathers SUV were indeed single.

  "Give me a chance to just say I'm sorry for my behavior yesterday guys" My father was owning up to his wrong doings, but I knew he was just trying to show Harry how he was already trying to change.

  I sucked in the stale air of the SUV, as my phone lit up..It was a text from Zayn..and I wasn't surprised to see it

, We've been texting ever since he left me again..I'm so whipped it makes me sick. I should be ignoring him.

  Zayn: Ni, I arrived uh its weird being back home.

  "Niall give me your phone." Harry says as we pull into the driveway of our house.. I didn't know if it was still Harry's, but I hoped so..this all just felt so weird.

  "Can you please just let me reply and then I'll-" I try to persuade, but Harry turns to me and yanks my phone out of my hands.

  "Niall, you have to help me pack.." My dad turned off the car, but locked the doors so none of us could get out, I mean we could of course but we wouldn't because we knew my dad needed to talk to us.

  "Harry, you're really leaving?" my dad asked..and I just notice that my phone lit up again..and it really annoyed me that I couldn't see the text.

  "I'm going to stay at a friend's house for a bit..until I sort my feelings out." Harry answers.. I slouched in the back seat and looked out the window at the dark night..I wanted to go in and sleep..not listen to relationship problems when I have my own.

  "I think we can sort this out...really!" I could tell my dads desperate voice was on..and I couldn't deal with it.

  "Let me out of the car." I groan out as a suppressed yawn touches my lips.

  "No Harry needs to know how much he's hurting the both of us." my dad utters, his voice sounded cold.

   " Liam this is exactly what I'm talking about face me and tell me how much you don't need me, yell at me and tell me to leave that I'm nothing without you.. Tell me to get my ass in the house." Harry says in a low tone, I could tell he almost saw my dad as pathetic and that hurt because I always saw my dad as at least in control.

  "Harry, I'm not going to tell you what to do." And I guess that was all my dad needed to say to make Harry lean over and unlock the doors.

  "Niall please come help me pack." Harry asked as he swung the door open and slipped out of the SUV. I sat in the car and just looked at my dad.. it was dark, but the security light from the garage flashed on..showing only the lightest features of my dads  face.

  "You'll be okay...the both of you." I say, before giving him a reassuring squeeze to the shoulder.