9 - The Godfather

It turned out Professor Lupin was our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.

He was awesome, handing out chocolate left right and centre, forcing us to eat it even when we didn't want to.

He also gave me private lessons to help me try to cope with Dementors after I had lost my Nimbus Two Thousand from falling during a Quidditch game when they had invaded the pitch. It was like losing my parents all over again.

On the plus side, I had received a new broom, a Firebolt, which made Draco's broomstick look like a mouldy old twig. It helped me win the Quidditch final against Slytherin, despite Draco's best efforts to sabotage it by grabbing hold of my broom when I had dived for the Snitch.

But he underestimated just how awesome I was.

Beating Draco Malfoy was the best feeling ever.

Especially since his theatrics had caused Buckbeak to be sentenced to death.

We were on our way to support Hagrid at the execution when we had the unfortunate luck of bumping into Draco and his cronies.

"Come to see the show?!"

This sick dude actually looked excited about the prospect of witnessing the decapitation of someone's beloved pet. He'd have fitted right in during the medieval era.

Luckily, Hermione had it in hand... literally.

"You... foul... loathsome... evil... little cockroach..."

I stood shocked, as Hermione went at him with her wand. The git actually looked frightened. It was the most satisfying thing when she decked him. Ron tried to hold her back but I applauded her.

I watched smugly as he ran away in horror.

My only regret being that it hadn't been me who had gotten their hands on him.

***

What happened next blew my awesome mind.

Well, not really. End of year drama was becoming quite the norm for me of late. I was just disappointed that I didn't get to see my old pal, Voldemort. I guess he was taking a year off to catch up on his tan.

Basically, after the execution, some dog turned into my godfather, Ron's rat turned into a murdering psychopath, and Lupin started howling at midnight.

And then I thought I saw my father but it turned out to be me - and I had made a fully fledged Patronus. Get in.

After a bit of time traveling, Hermione and I saved not only Buckbeak, but Sirius Black too.

All in a days work for Henrietta Potter.

It was a bit annoying because it meant that Sirius was still on the run, and I couldn't go and live with him like he promised. So it meant I had to go back to those damned Dursley's.

Oh, and Professor Trelawney actually made a genuine prediction for once in her pathetic life. She predicted that the Dark Lord would rise again with the help of a servant. That's next year's end of school drama lined up for me then.

I howled like a werewolf when Snape snitched on Lupin resulting in the parents and governors clamouring for his resignation. I don't get why everyone was getting so pressed about it. What's a little dog bite when there's free chocolate involved?

All in all, it was a strange kind of year.

But the strangest part of it all was the fact that I couldn't stop looking at Draco's hair.

I crossed my fingers that the following year would be less eventful.

***