42 - The Serpent's Tongue

Monday 30th June 1997 - Part Three

Oh my god, Dumbledore is fucking CRAZY.

Trying to outdo Draco's little adventure, he took me to a cave to fetch a Horcrux, slitting his arm open on the way in to use his blood for the entrance fee. Ew.

To be fair, I did half heartedly offer up my own blood. But Dumbledore insisted I keep my strength, which was just as well since I had little of that left after fucking Draco all afternoon.

And then we had to row a dodgy little boat across to the middle of this lake which was filled with dead bodies. As I rammed the end of my oar in a dead man's eye, I could not help but feel bitter about the actual fuss that the school kicked up about needing a fucking signed permission slip to spend a leisurely and relatively harmless afternoon in Hogsmeade.

Oh, and of course we could not simply pick up the Horcrux and be on our merry way. No, no, no. Instead, I had to force feed water to my elderly headmaster which seemed to be fucking torturing him. And then, if that was not enough drama to be dealing with - the dead bodies decided to come out of the lake to play!

I did not think much of Dumbledore's idea of a school excursion.

At least I got a hotdog out of Draco's date.

*****

We Apparated back to Hogsmeade where Madam Rosmerta greeted us with the welcoming news that the Dark Mark had been cast above the Astronomy Tower in our absence.

Of course it fucking had.

I turned to look towards the castle and, sure enough, there it was. A blazing green skull with a serpent's tongue, just like on Draco's arm. I sighed heavily, wondering if I was ever going to get to fucking bed.

I thought back to Draco's strange behaviour just before we had parted ways and I experienced a horrible sinking realisation. Draco had known. This was why he had been acting so strange. He knew something was going to happen.

I could not believe that he was capable of anything like this.

No – actually, that was a lie. What I did not want to believe was that he could lay there and fuck me knowing that something like this was going to happen.

So off Dumbledore and I went, flying our broomsticks back to Hogwarts, with me trying to make sure that he did not fall to his death after his bout of evening torture. I could not help but wonder who had been killed. My fingers were crossed for Snape.

But when we reached the tower, however, there was no one there.

Feeling relieved that I could finally go to fucking bed, I emitted a not-so-subtle yawn and began to casually move towards the door, biding Dumbledore a cheery good night.

However, clearly not having ever heard off the importance of beauty sleep, Dumbledore had other ideas.

"Go and wake Severus," he demanded. "Tell him what has happened and bring him to me. Do nothing else, speak to nobody else and do not remove your Cloak. I shall wait here."

"But-"

"You swore to obey me, Etta - go!"