43 - Grumpy

I was fucking grumpy.

Everyone kept pestering me, asking for the gory details about what happened in the Astronomy Tower. But for obvious reasons, I didn't want to talk about it.

"Is it true that Draco Malfoy pushed Professor Dumbledore off the tower because he called him a ferret and made him cry?" A second year Hufflepuff, who I had never had any previous interaction with, asked me excitedly at breakfast a few days later.

"NO!" I snapped. "NOW FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"What Etta means to say is, that no," Hermione quickly intervened before the boy could burst into frightened tears. "Professor Dumbledore was killed by Professor Snape, not Malfoy."

"Fucking Snape that murdering bastard," I muttered under my breath, grinding my teeth. The fearful Hufflepuff backed away.

My eyes fell upon the Slytherin table as they usually did these days, and I tried to ignore the violent twist of my heart.

"Where do you suppose Malfoy is right now?" Ron pondered, following my gaze to where Crabbe and Goyle were looking oddly lonely without the white-blond haired Slytherin sitting in between them.

I winced, wanting him to shut the fuck up about Draco. I found it almost impossible to talk about him, to even say his name. I couldn't help but feel angry at the sodding idiot. Dumbledore would still be alive, and Draco would be safe if only he had gone to him for help sooner. Instead, he waited until the last fucking second to lower his wand and it had been too late.

"Most probably at the beck and call of You Know Who," Seamus murmured darkly. "I know one thing for certain though, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. Me Mam's heard rumours that he punishes Death Eaters by making them eat raw fish!"

He shuddered as though the idea of being forced to eat a Marks and Spencer's salmon skin roll for lunch was worse than enduring the Cruciatus Curse.

After the funeral, I informed Ron and Hermione of my plan to go on the search for Horcruxes as soon as I turned seventeen. Now Dumbledore was dead, it was all on me to save the wizarding world and so I had no time for such trivial things like completing my education.

Turns out Ron and Hermione were quite keen to throw their education away too and were happy to join me.

Yay. Road trip.

***

It all kicked off at Bill and Fleur's wedding.

I didn't care as I was having a shit time anyway. Turns out fucking Dumbledore had not shared with me his entire life story, so I was in a major sulk, drowning my sorrows in Butterbeer.

Oh yeah, and I was still sore from having my fucking bird killed whilst I was innocently making my way over to the Weasley's. Dicks.

Ron, Hermione and I had to Disapparate our arses out of there when Death Eaters showed up at the wedding. And then we got attacked in a cafe on Tottenham Court Road!

I can't even have a fucking cup of tea in peace anymore.

Ugh, my life.

Luckily, I remembered that I owned a sweet crib thanks to my godfather carking it, so we bunked down there for a few weeks while I sat around pretending that I had a plan but instead I was secretly sulking about my two best friends holding hands in their sleep.

In the end we decided to break into the Ministry, because why not? It was not like I was the most sought-after witch or anything.

It was not a bad trip as far as our past adventures went, I suppose. We ended up getting an actual Horcrux and Ron sucked faces with this cougar. However, due to a cock up at the end we were unable to get back to Grimmauld Place so we had to go fucking camping. I hate camping. Oh yes, and Ron got splinched and cried like a baby. Pah - you don't know pain until you've been Crucio'd. I would know.

And then there was a LOT of grumpiness. Ron got grumpy with me and I got grumpy with Ron. Ron even accused me of not knowing what I was doing! I would like to see him try to be me for one measly fucking day and see how he likes that.

So, off he went, Disapparating away from us like the cry baby that he is. Good riddance. I could do without his kind of negativity in my life right now.

Hermione was gutted though, and I felt a bit sorry for her. But she had to understand, I couldn't have prats like Ron dragging me down. I was on a mission to defeat the World's Worst Wizard; I was the Chosen One after all.

So, off we popped to Godric's Hollow. The place where I spent my first happy year before Voldemort well and truly fucked that up for me.

It was quite a pleasant day out, actually. Well, until this lady turned into a snake and tried to kill me.

And then Ron decided to swallow his pride and came creeping back to us. Which actually was a good thing because he saved my life and destroyed a Horcrux. Although, to be honest, I could have destroyed that locket on my own, but I was feeling generous and wanted Ron to feel good about one thing in his life.

Our next adventure took us to Luna Lovegood's house where her father hosted some sort of story telling fest. And then the fucking idiot tried to hand me in to the Ministry!

I mean, how fucking rude, especially after I pretended to drink his gross shit tea.

Jokes on him though, as we escaped, and his house blew up.

After that, I finally - finally found a way to get myself reunited with Draco. Turns out, all I had to do was say Voldemort's name.

Good to know that the noseless twat had his uses after all.

***