10 - Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory smiled as he landed in front of me from up a tree.

"Hullo," he said, his eyes twinkling.

Cedric Diggory was an extremely handsome boy of around seventeen. He was captain and Seeker of the Hufflepuff house Quidditch team at Hogwarts.

I knew this already because Cedric beat me in Quidditch last year, when I fell from my broom. But he was hot so I didn't mind.

"Having a good summer, Henrietta?" Cedric asked, his voice silky soft.

"E-Etta," I stuttered. "Call me Etta, please." I smiled warmly, feeling a heat rush to my cheeks.

"Well, Etta," he smiled, his eyes lingering on me longer than necessary. "I hope you enjoy the game."

Well I will now.

***

"Cedric was so bloody obvious," Ron scoffed, as we walked among the tents of the Quidditch World Cup camp area.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I retorted, despite my insides squirming with glee.

"Oh come off it," Hermione's eyes gleamed as she glanced at me. "He likes you and you know it."

I looked down, trying to hide the smile that unwittingly stretched across my face.

***

My eyes met Draco Malfoy's as he entered the box with his parents. They glinted maliciously into mine. I felt a frisson of hatred spark through the depths of my stomach.

I tried to ignore him as I concentrated on the World Cup. I did not want him to ruin this once in a life time moment for me.

The Quidditch match was amazing. It was more than I could have hoped it to be. Not even the presence of Draco Malfoy and his hair could ruin it.

"Enjoy that, did you Potter?" He hissed in my ear as I brushed past him on my way out. "Wait until you see what comes next."

I soon found out what he was talking about.

***

I stopped, leaning against a tree trying to get my breath back. I was horrified by what I had just witnessed.

"Feeling all right there, Potter?"

I looked up at the white blonde haired boy who was leant against the tree opposite me, his arms folded, looking utterly relaxed.

"Shame you no longer have a mummy and daddy to look after you," he continued, "I'd be scared if I were you too, Scarface."

Hatred ripped through me. I marched right up to him, thrusting my face angrily into his.

"And where're your parents?" I snarled, practically spitting in his face. "Out there wearing masks, are they?"

Draco just smiled back at me. "Well... if they were, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, would I, Potter?"

"Etta! Thank god!"

I span around to see Hermione appear, red faced and bushy hair flying behind her. Ron closely followed.

"You!" Ron spat upon seeing Draco. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Language, Weasley," Draco said, his pale eyes glittered. "Hadn't you better be hurrying along now? You wouldn't like her spotted, would you?"