| Chapter 1 |

The sky had lightened significantly by now, Gresit only about an hour of walking away. The top of the cathedral from the city was coming into view, making Trevor's stomach start to growl. You suddenly came to a stop, putting your hand up so Trevor stopped as well. You could hear it clearly, the crunching of leaves and sticks coming from the brush. Taking in a breath of air, you could pick up the scent of a deer. The deer would provide you with meat and a pelt, things you could easily sell in Gresit.

When you pulled out an arrow from your quiver then set it over your bow, Trevor blinked.

"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Shut up."

He was about to say something else but you glared, making him shut his mouth. You turned to the bush then pulled the arrow back in the bow, staring at the trees. After a moment of silence you let the arrow go, the sharp point cutting through the trees. It stuck itself into the deer's neck, making the deer go down quickly after letting out one cry in pain. It's airflow was cut off from where the deer was pierced with the arrow. Once it was down you would turn back to Trevor.

"It would of gotten away if you had spoken any louder." You scolded before trumping into the brush.

You dragged the deer out of the brush then pulled the arrow out carefully, not wanting to break it. Trevor rolled his eyes, admittedly impressed with your skill at hunting but it didn't truly matter anymore. "Killing a deer is different from killing a demon." He said, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I know." You said, pulling out a knife to skin the deer. You quickly snagged the pelt from it then rolled it up, a bit of blood dripping from the pelt since it wasn't dried out. You also packed away most the meat from the buck before standing up again, sure that someone would buy it from you in Gresit.

Once that was done, you both continued to Gresit. It wasn't long before you reached the front gate, a deep frown gracing Trevor's lips when he noticed the gate was closed and barred shut with all kinds of things. "No one's getting in and no one's getting out." Trevor said before turning away, walking around the wall. You followed, unsure what he was doing.

"Disgusting..." You muttered, watching him stare at the sewage pipe connected to the city. You watched Trevor leap across then get closer to it, you following nevertheless. You watched him climb inside then followed, knowing you had no other options. Trevor went first, making it a little less disgusting before you went. Buttons followed behind last, no doubt going to need a bath after this.

"I never thought I'd climb a shit pipe in pursuit of breakfast..." He mumbled angrily.
"It would be weird if you did." You said, overhearing his mumbling.

Trevor climbed out then quietly snuck past the gard stationed at the front of the pipe. The man was sleeping, making it easy for both of you to get by. Once you were a far enough distance away, you brushed off your clothes quickly. You scrunched up your nose in disgusting, the smell sure to stick with you for a while. You turned to Trevor, seeing him do the same.

"Well, I suppose I'll be off now." You said, seeing you had your own business in Gresit to take care of.

"Mhm, goodbye unwelcomed tag along." He said then left quickly, giving a quick wave of his hand.

You rolled your eyes then left, heading to the market first. The first thing you wanted to do was sell the pelt you had and some of the meat, then focus on finding Minx later. You did so, selling the pelt and the meat to one stall for a small purse of coin. Once that was done with you bought a bit more food then left, heading to the first place you expected him to be which was the pub.

When you walked in, you couldn't help but notice it smelt worse then the shit pipe. There were a handful of people in the pub, all trying to drink their sorrows away. It was hard to find the scent of Minx within the stench of all the alcohol, but you managed. You spotted the burly man at the bar, his old coat torn in spots with his back turned to you. He had no doubt smelt you by now, or maybe not since you were still lightly covered in shit.