Some Notes About The Story

So, recently I rewatched the Team Starkid production, 'The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals'. For those of you who don't know, it is a horror-comedy musical centred on the tiny town of Hatchetfield, which is overcome by a musical epidemic after a meteor strike. It is mainly focussed on the titular character, a man named Paul Mathews, who just doesn't like musicals.

And being the Wicked fan that I am, I decided to rewrite it in an Ozian setting. So this fic will kind of be a semi-modern AU to Wicked, following the basic plot of the musical and featuring the characters from Wicked(mainly the book versions).

Any songs used will be from The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals, with the lyrics modified as per the settings and characters. Oh, and I don't own Wicked. Just enjoy this weird little fic.
(Warning: some adult themes, swearing, blood and gore may be present. Fits the book, doesn't it?)

Here's our star cast:

1. Elphaba Thropp (age 38): The Thropp Third Descending of Nest Hardings, works a job in the Emerald City Palace as the Wizard's second in command. She is the eldest of three siblings, grew up in Quadling Country. Her mother died when she was 8, so all three were raised by their father Frexspar the Godly, a Unionist preacher. Her younger sister Nessarose is armless and religious (and the current Eminent Thropp), while her brother Shell is a headstrong rebel. Elphaba graduated from Shiz University with a dual degree in Life Sciences and Sorcery. She is rational and practical, hot-tempered, loyal and a tad too brave, passionate about her work and Animal Rights (also managed to get the Banns overturned on her own steam). She is somewhat close (in a purely platonic sense) to Fiyero, the Captain of the Guard, who was her classmate at Shiz. She also has a crush on a certain cute little blonde barista. She is cynical about most aspects of life and hates musicals for their idealistic depictions of the worlds in question (though, ironically, she herself was a singer when she was younger). She is also the Wizard's illegitimate daughter with Melena Thropp, something she discovered after she started working with the Wizard. (TGWDLM counterpart: Paul Mathews)

2. Glinda Arduenna-Upland (age 38): A student in her final year at Shiz. Majoring in Sorcery. She started University  late (at age 35) because she was backpacking across the Vinkus and the deserts, and all over Oz basically for fourteen years. She works during the holidays and on weekends. Currently, her tuition is paid from a scholarship, and while her wages fulfil her house rent and other basic needs. She becomes close to Elphaba and her gang over the course of the story. (TGWDLM counterpart: Emma Perkins)

3.Fiyero Tigelaar(age 38): The Prince of the Arjikis who works as the Captain of the Guard in the Palace. He is platonically close to Elphaba, and also becomes friends with Glinda over the course of the story. His ex-wife, Sarima, stays in the Vinkus. Is the father of three (two sons and one daughter). His two older children, Irji (19) and Manek(18), are old enough to lead their own lives. His daughter Nor( 17) is still in school and stays with him during the school year. He just wants a chance to reconnect with his dear daughter, but can't owing to work pressure. (TGWDLM counterpart: Bill)

4. Nor Tigelaar( age 17): Fiyero's youngest child and only daughter. She used to be close to her father and wants to stay with him all the time. She is in a relationship with a Munchkin girl from school(which Fiyero doesn't approve of, because the girl in question is a spoilt brat with a scandalacious reputation).
(TGWDLM counterpart: Alice)

5. Avaric Tenmeadows (age 40): The Margreave Descending of Tenmeadows in Gillikin who is a typical rich boy, interested more in girls and horses than his work. He has a secret crush on one of Glinda's coworkers, whom he calls the "Latte Hotte". He is also in a secret affair with Milla. His colleagues(especially Elphaba) know him as the Resident Asshole of the Emerald Palace.(TGWDLM counterpart: Ted)

6. Milla (age 38): A Gillikinese girl with fluffy auburn hair and a nervous disposition who works in the Palace archives with Avaric. She is stuck in an unhappy marriage with Boq and desperately wishes to go back to her life in Gillikin. She relieves her sexual frustration by indulging in a clandestine affair with Avaric.(TGWDLM counterpart: Charlotte)

7. Boq (age 38): Milla's husband and Elphaba's childhood friend and classmate. He majored in Economics. He works long hours as a minor soldier in the Gale Force, and is rarely home, but loves his wife despite her nervousness and complaints and is faithful to her.(TGWDLM counterpart: Sam)

8. Pfannee and Shenshen (both 28): Studying musical theatre at the Chuffrey Conservatory at Shiz. They're also Glinda's immediate bosses (something Glinda is royally pissed about). Pfannee introduces the concept of a tip song in the café, to be sung whenever someone tips. Avaric has a crush on one of the two (possibly Shenshen, seeing that Pfannee is a Munchkin while Shenshen belongs to the Minkos clan of Gillikin).
(TGWDLM counterpart: Nora and Zoey)

9. The Wizard/Oscar Zoroaster Diggs (age 65): Elphaba's boss and biological father. He respects her for her integrity and dedication. However, he is also secretly scared of her because of her sharp tongue and stubbornness. (TGWDLM counterpart: Mr. Davidson)

10. Madame Morrible (age 70): The Wizard's personal assistant and Press Secretary. She also used to be the Headmistress of Shiz University. (TGWDLM counterpart: Melissa)

11. Doctor Dillamond(age 65): A firm believer in the fact that Oz as we know it will soon be destroyed. He spent 27 years stockpiling all possible essentials that might be needed and created a safehouse for the same purpose. He taught Life Sciences at Shiz when Elphaba was a student, and she assisted him in his research. (TGWDLM counterpart: Professor Henry Hidgens)

12. Gil (age 18): Nor's girlfriend, who is a tomboy of the worst kind and possibly used to be a hardcore stoner, into drugs, alcohol and sex. (TGWDLM counterpart: Deb)

13. Minor Menacier Trism bon Cavalish( age 32): Leader of a secret platoon in the Home Guard and also the resident dragon tamer. He is in charge of the mission to rescue the residents of the Emerald City(TGWDLM counterpart: General McNamara)

14. Commander Cherrystone (age 45): the incharge of witness protection, puts Glinda under house arrest in Munchkinland in the end. (TGWDLM counterpart: Colonel Schaeffer)