5. The Worst Reunion Ever

This was rather invigorating. In less than twenty-four hours I learned that Loki was in fact alive, and now here I was, along with Captain America and the Black Widow, on our way to Stuttgart, Germany to confront him.

Cap was suited up and ready (I adopted Natasha's name for him, it sounded nicer), and Natasha was our pilot for this evening.

While we flew in the darkness ready to rain on Loki's parade in Germany, my mind compared the Loki I'd known and the man he supposedly was now. Maybe he got even worse over the course of the year.

I swallowed, recalling a different time, before things had fallen apart in Asgard.

~*~

"My father will kill you if he finds out," I panicked. "He might even kill me."

"I would not let that happen."

"He's always believed something is off about you."

"Well, your father barely lets you talk to men. So really, who is the one who is a bit off in the head?"

"I may be locked up in my home forever because of you!"

"Then I will break you out or sneak in to see you," Loki replied smoothly. "Your father will have to learn to accept it when the time comes for him to find out."

I snorted. "You make it sound as though we are together for all of eternity."

"We could end up that way."

I blushed fiercely at the thought. "How would your father take it, do you think?"

"I know Mother would be more accepting. She would adore you, I know that much. It is hard to say what Father would think. He could disapprove, or he could surprise us and welcome you with open arms."

"And Thor?"

"That is another unpredictable answer."

"I don't know about that, I think he would be okay with us. Regardless, if any come to dislike me, they will not drive me off." I smiled cheekily. "We have been keeping this secret; I would never drop this and run all because one member of your family disapproved."

It was strange to think that two beings like us would find a bond in each other. We differed for obvious reasons: he was a prince, I was a commoner. To this day, I still could not understand how we forged a bond. Maybe it was because Loki charmed me with his charismatic attitude.

What do you see in me? Loki asked.

I blinked at him, astonished that he was asking me through thoughts rather than out loud. He did this from time to time. I could not say that he was the only one to do it; I was guilty of it as well.

What kind of a question is that? I see someone who is a good friend, someone I know I can spend endless time with and never grow bored or annoyed with. I got right in his face. I see someone who will be a wise king someday. Now it is your turn. What do you see in me?

Hmm. I see...I see a blossoming woman who is not afraid to go after what she wants. I see a woman who does not care what others think of her. She can sometimes be persistent and stubborn—

Oh please, like you are not the same?

"You did not let me finish," Loki spoke aloud. "Though she can be persistent and stubborn, her very existence makes the days a little bit brighter."