7. What Next?

Do not think I am done with you, Kiara, Loki warned me. Our talk is not over.

For now, it is. Stop talking.

You could always tune me out if it bothers you that much, yet you don't. Why?

Why, indeed.

While Loki was being escorted to his cell, most of us met on the bridge. Cap and Natasha took seats at the table while Dr. Banner slowly paced behind them. We hadn't really spoken to each other, he was the one I had the least contact with since coming onto this Helicarrier. Stark was the only one who wasn't present, I couldn't remember where he'd run off to.

I stood beside Thor, feeling restless. My mind was alive; my body felt about ready to collapse. Though not human, I did need rest.

I could feel myself dozing off; Thor's nudges were what kept me awake.

"How did you manage to get here?" I asked him sleepily.

"It wasn't easy," Thor admitted. "Where have you been here on Earth?"

"New York." I rubbed my eyes. "It's really noisy; I doubt you'd like it."

"I assumed the worst when I did not hear you for some time."

I swallowed. "I know. I'm sorry for that, truly. I just...after what you told me...I figured there was no point in trying to contact you." I snorted. "He fooled us."

~*~

As much as I appreciated Todd's hospitality, I found Midgard not suitable for me. Being here only made my homesickness worse. I missed my parents, I missed Asgard, and I missed Loki. Despite what his jealousy was turning him into, I wanted to go back home and be in his arms. I wanted to go back and never leave Asgard ever again.

I had decided to head back to the place where it all began, the very place where Heimdall dropped me on Midgard. It was in the middle of nowhere, far away from humans to see me. I looked to the blue sky.

"Heimdall, I changed my mind," I called to the skies. "Get me back home, please."

Nothing happened. Strange.

"Heimdall! I know you are not deaf. Please, bring me back to Asgard!"

Again, nothing happened. I blinked confusedly. If I had a stronger bond with the Bifrost guard, I could reach him through his mind. He could surely tell me what was going on.

I had one other hope. If Heimdall could not help me, then perhaps the God of Thunder could.

Thor, I called loud and clear. If you can hear me, I have a question for you.

I have one for you as well, he answered. Where are you?

I let out a breath. At least someone was answering me. Midgard.

What are you doing there?

I left. You should know why, Thor. I miss home; it was a mistake thinking I could start something new here. What is wrong with Heimdall? He is not bringing me back home.

Kiara, the Bifrost is gone.

W-what?

I destroyed it.

What?! Why?

It was the only way to stop Loki from destroying Jotunheim.