up | calum

you convinced calum to watch your favorite pixar movies with him for the day, which wasn't hard, he just didnt want to admit that he liked them. so you had watched all the movies except up which you saved for last since that was the saddest. curled in calums chest, with your cheek pressed against his shirt, the two of you watched the opening of the movie with carl and ellie. as the scenes flashes across your eyes, your heart swelled. it made you feel really soft but as the scene continued to play out, you remembered what was coming and you weren't ready. when the movie first came out, it was around the time you had lost your grandpa after loosing your grandmother a few years back so whenever you watched it, you always thought of them making the movie a little harder to watch. tears welled up in your eyes as they showed them grow older. calum heard to trying to quietly sniffle and felt his shirt get a little wet. "hey, you okay?" he asked quietly, putting his hand on your arm, causing you to put your head up, revealing the tears in your eyes. "yeah." your shaky voice answered, trying to smile through your tears. "this part always makes me think about my grandpa and grandma." you said softly, wiping your eyes before laying back on his chest. calum frowned, hugging you, pressing a few kisses to your head. "'m sorry, baby." he said. "at least theyre in a better place." you nodded, picking up his hand and kissing it. "i know, just this movie makes me miss them sometimes." you sighed, staring at the tv before back up at calum. "i love you." he smiled gently down at you, pushing some hair back out of your face. "i love you too."