Danger In The Trees

We had all fallen asleep from our day of booze, swimming and sex. I went to sleep with Xavier on my mind and I wondered if he thought of me as well. Was I just another hook up on his belt. It had to of been around midnight when I woke up to a loud bang against the old wood of the front cabin door.

"Brooke, wake up, did you hear that?" Brooke was still asleep but lucky Montana heard it with me.

"She's asleep but I heard it." Montana pushed her blanket off her body and sat up in her bed. Suddenly there was a rapid fire of knocking and yelling.

"Open the door, it's me Rita!"

Rita?

I jumped out of bed as Montana pulled open the door allowing a frantic Rita to stumble through our door awakening Brooke.

"What's going on?" Brooke sat up rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"It's Margret she has lost her dam mind ." Rita stepped away from the door to stand in the center of the cabin,"I sleep in the medical cabin right next to Margret, I heard screaming so I woke up and picked up a flash light," she makes her way to nearest bunk bed and leans against it, "I knocked but she wouldn't answer so I went around to her window, t-there were two boys and she killed them, cut ones throat and stabbed the other in the chest." Rita took a step away from the bunk bed and went back to lean against the front door, her eyes were wide and red with tears.

"Who were the two boys?" I took a step closer to Rita.

"The camp always gets local kids who like to vandalize and play pranks, I don't know how they got in her cabin or if she let them in but she killed them, the worst part is she cut off there ears and she tasted there blood. I tried to stay silent but I slipped off the rock I was standing on and she saw me. I started running here, Margret has a gun, I saw it earlier."  She closed her eyes trying to steady her breathing.

"What the fuck! I knew I didn't like Margret." I went back to my bunk bed and started to put on my sneakers.

"Oh my god what are we gonna do, we have to get the guys." Brooke was frantic and looking like a scared little girl.

"No shit. We gotta get out of here." Montana grabbed Brookes arm pulling her towards the door. We stood by the door, getting ready to open it slowly. I pushed open the door, I looked around and thankfully didn't see Margret in sight.

"Okay let's go, stay low and stay silent." We stepped out of the cabin and were quickly making our way to the boys cabin, we had to of been a few steps away when I noticed the front door thrown open, suddenly we heard a scream come from the forest.

"Where do we go toward the cabin or the forest?" Rita was standing looking in both directions, my gut was saying run towards the scream, as crazy as that sounds.

"Help me someone!"

Chet?

"That sounds like Chet!"Brooke took off running towards the scream.

"Brooke wait dam it!" We all started running after Brooke, making sure to not trip. As we got closer I could see Brooke looking down into what seemed like a large pit, we stopped in a line looking down. There was a large man made pit with spikes, Chet was empaled by one of the spikes right thru the shoulder.  

"Chet how the fuck did you get down there?" He was lucky that the spike wasn't a few more inches over.

"Fucking Margret, she came to the cabin crying, so we opened the door and she fucking gutted Trevor, me and Xavier just ran out we separated." Holy shit she has lost her mind. I looked at Montana who was now crying soft tears for Trevor. I went back to looking at the pit, Chet was a big guy there was no way I could pull him up alone.

"We need to get him out of there and then find Xavier." Brooke was right we needed to save Chet.

"I'll jump down, Brooke come with me. Rita and Montana you girls pull him up and we will push him from the bottom." I looked around the pit and saw a spot that was missing a spike, I stood over that area and bend down tossing my feet into the pit, I quickly but slowly slide down making sure to stay close to the dirt wall. I landed and stumbled barley missing a spike. Brooke followed and I helped her land. We looked to Chet and made our way towards him, careful not to get spiked along aside him. Once we made it to him, we bent down to survey the damage, it was bad but I think if we pulled him up off the spike in one swift movement we could save him.

"Alright Chet we are gonna lift you, this is gonna hurt like a bitch." Chet nodded his head, blood oozing out from the wound. Brooke grabbed his left arm while I grabbed his right, on the count of three we would lift.

"1...2...3...pull!" We pulled with all our strength and the adrenaline that was pumping through our veins, we lifted Chet up and he let out a bloody scream.

"I know it hurts but sshh Chet. Im sorry." The three of us walked back to Montana and Rita who leaned down ready to grab his arm and pull. They started pulling him up as we pushed him from below, thankfully they got him up, then they helped us out of the pit. We carried Chet on our shoulders, making our way towards the nurses cabin so we could patch him up. As we were half carrying and half dragging a bloody Chet, we heard leaves and twigs moving ahead of us, we tried to hide but we couldn't.

Whoever it was, was coming fast and they were upon us.