Flash

I looked into Xaviers eyes and I knew he meant it. He wouldn't let me die here and sure as hell not at the hands of Margret. We heard groaning coming from Chet and we both stood up to check in on him, he was awake. He moved his hand to touch the wound and hissed through this teeth at the pain from the burn. I came beside him and offered him the painkillers, he took them happily.

"How long have I been out?" Chet was actually starting to gain some of his color back into his face since the bleeding had now completely stopped.

"For about 20 minutes. We were giving you a chance to rest but now that your up, we better move." Chet nodded his head in agreement and began to rise slowly grunting at the pain, Brooke appeared by his side quickly and helped him stand.

"Let's get the fuck out of here." Chet like the rest of it us was ready to leave this nightmare behind us, plus he needed real medical attention. He was now able to move on his own so that was an advantage, we all made our way towards the door, Rita had taken the lead looking out of the window looking for any signs of the crazy camp owner. She shook her head and pushed out the door, we all took off in a sprint towards the parking lot where Xaviers van was waiting for us. We were so close and passing the cafeteria when a shot rang out in the night.

Gun shots.

There at the entrance of the parking lot was Margret holding a revolver and a large butcher knife covered in blood. On her waist was a large pair of camp keys and another metal ring with what looked like severed ears. She had the gun pointed at us and we quickly skid trying to reverse our steps and run in the opposite direction. Xavier grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the cafeteria. Another shot rang out and I heard a scream I looked back and saw Rita on the ground not moving, I felt the tears slip from my eyes, she killed Rita. Xavier and I slipped in through the door and locked it behind us, we took off running towards the kitchen and slide behind the counter. As we ducked behind the counter I noticed a pool of blood in front of the refrigerator, I pulled away from Xavier and slowly opened the refrigerator, I was met with the dead eyes of Chef Bertie, I shut the fridge closed and made my way back to Xavier placing my head in the crook of his neck.

"Is it her? Xavier knew who was in that cold coffin, I nodded my head and I felt a tear land on my hand. I looked up and wiped away a single tear that had slipped from his eyes.

"We aren't dying here Xavier, I won't let it happen." I held his face in my hands and gently pressed my lips against his, we both needed the comfort.

"We need to find the others and leave." Xavier grabbed my hand and pulled me forward, we both started making our way for the back exit towards the back of the kitchen.

"Stay behind me Rain, I have an idea. When we get out make a run for the activities cabin." We both made it to the exit and Xavier pushed open the door, like a bolt of lightening we took off in a flash towards the activities cabin keeping our heads down. Another ring let out into the night and there was a soft light that flashed in the near by sleeping cabin we were running past, another gun shot.

Shit, who could it be.