Sparks

One Year Later

I was sitting down in my apartment, watching the news, today was the one year anniversary of that horrible nightmare we experienced with crazy Margret and the anniversary of the murders she committed at the same camp in the 70s.That night when the cops arrived at Camp Redwood we were asked to confirm if Margret was the killer, they showed us her body and we all nodded in silence. In this horror story the killer was quickly dead, no coming back to life 10 years later to finish us off.  I shook my head and turned off the television, I stood up and walked towards the front door slipping on my leather vest.

"Babe we're gonna be late." Xavier came out of the hallway bathroom and appeared in front of me, he licked his hand and slicked back a stand of hair.

"I'm ready baby." He walked up to me and spanked me as I turned around opening the front door. We walked out of our apartment and started walking the short distance to a rad coffee shop that was two blocks away around the corner.

"I can't believe their getting married." Xavier swung my hand as we walked, it was something he did to keep my arm from falling asleep. When Margret stabbed my arm she cut through some nerves, so my reminder of that horrible woman is sudden numbness that only last for a few minutes. Xavier was such a good nurse and took such good care of me. We had a true connection that night on the lake, he hasn't left my side since, and I hope he never does for the rest of our lives.

We finally made it to the coffee shop and I saw a familiar perky face waving at us towards the back of the coffee shop. I waved back and we made our way towards the happy couple. We sat down in front of them and said our hellos.

"I'm so happy that you guys are here, we have so much to discuss. Rain your having my wedding dress designed and made by the boutique which is so great and I'm so grateful. Also I wanted to ask you to be my maid of honor." I slid my hand across the table and squeezed her hand,"Xavier your the best man." Xavier smiled, he loved the idea of being the best man.

Brooke slid her hand across the table to hold Rays hand. They looked so happy and I was glad that Ray was busy that weekend and couldn't go to the camp. I was happy that out of all this tragedy we both ended up finding happiness. It still hurt from time to time to think of Montana, Chet and Rita, they wouldn't be forgotten. After coffee we all went our separate ways, Xavier and I headed back to the apartment. I walked to the bedroom to change into my comfy clothes, I started  undressing and heard Xavier clear his throat behind me.

"I'll never get over your sexy curves." He took a step into the bedroom and kicked off his shoes.

"I hope you never do." I pulled down my bra straps and watched how his eyes widened with lust and love at my exposed breast.

"How about I show you just how much I love you." He pushed me onto the bed and started kissing my neck, hands roaming my body.

We made love that night, it had the same fire from the lake but only now it had the passion of love. That day I'll never forget, there was a spark in the lake and a killer in Camp Redwood.