Clichés

Danny would say something like that banner 🔝

Chapter 3: Clichés

Holdenbridge high is a lot like a typical teen drama. Becky and her gang are the hero's of the story. She's the protagonist - she's sweet , friendly and all that shit as well as a hopeless romantic crushing on the badboy slash football player. Then there's the badboys group- they're mean and shadowy in appearance but people don't really know them. I learnt that the blonde girl Stephanie West head cheerleader is Xray's girlfriend. Another cliche move. And lastly I figured that Xray's real name is Xavier Rays. I wonder if he's siblings are UV and infared. You get it?

Probably not. Nerd joke really.

I need to start talking like a normal teenager. 

Stereotype much?

I hate that.  Stereotypes are literally the worst, you get a rep and you follow the rep. The jocks can sleep with a thousand girls and be called 'players' but a girl that does that is termed 'loose' or 's/ut'. I hate the way society works. The jock can't do well at academics and the nerd can't play sport.

That reminds me.

Becky said that there's no football team. Like what the flip ? Who can I speak to about this issue.It's a serious concern. Girls should be allowed to play sports  other than softball. Bluh. And cheerleading isn't even a sport. We should be allowed to play football and cricket. Maybe not mixed with boys because of biological differences and all that shit.

"So our school has this thing at the end of the first week to introduce students,"  Becky says as we walk out of school.

"So in the form of something like a pep rally ?"  I suggest. She nods. "Cool dude, I'll get to see all the beaches and busted"

"Funny . . . And I'll get to see JK," she sighs.

I laugh. JK is Jackson's nickname. I use to enjoy making nicknames with Thomas. We would use celebrities and scientists like he was Thomas Edison and I was Daniel James.

"So, where's the rest of the gang, I thought you four were besties ?"  I ask looking around the car park.

  I notice a flock of kids surrounding a beautiful Bugatti Chiron. It's even red which makes it even more amazing. Aren't those cars like really expensive. I wonder which kid gets a ride in it.

"Nah . . . Audrey and the twins are just close friends to me. My best friend she . . . It's a long story. So I don't really hang out with the other three so often, if you get what I mean,"  the brunette says looking down.

"Well girl, we're best friends now,"  I assure her slinging an arm over her shoulder. Who says you can't have two bffs. 

We parted ways and I took a lovely stroll home. I like afternoon walks. It's calming for the nerves. When I got home I yelled to know one in particular that I'm home and saw mum in the lounge watching Victoria. She loves that series. My mother is the type of person who you'd expect to be old fashioned and speaks Latin.  I think it's cool.

I hooked up my bag and had a lovely shower. The water washing all that occurred today. This school is over - dramatic. I don't want to be caught up in it. After changing into my Pyjamas- a red t-shirt that says sleep is my superpower and a black pair of shorts, I took out my laptop to Skype with Thomas.

"What up Danny !" he says from the other side hair still the same colour. 

"I'm cool dude, hanging in, and you ? It's been a while hey?"  I grin happy to see my best friends face.