Unity

Chapter 21 : Unity

After finishing our meal, Xavier motions for us to leave, I grab his wrist stopping him, as he creases his eyebrow. Concern suddenly etching on his face.

"Hold on," I say letting go and taking a deep steadying breath. "I need to tell you something"

He sits down, an unreadable expression on his face once again.

"Well, Rose, what is it?" He asks anxiously. "Sweetheart are you okay?"

Deep breaths.

"So it's got something to do with the football team," I say and notice is posture relax. "You know Dan Swift obviously and you said there was something odd about him"

"Correct"

"Well Silver, this might be the last time you let me call you that because . . . Dan Swift is a girl, I'm him . . . He's actually me, do you get it? Xavier I'm Dan Swift, Danny, Daniella Swift," I say in one breath the words messed up."I'm so sorry, I know we're friends and I just hope you can forgive me, because being your friend was nice whilst it lasted"

"Okay," he shrugs his shoulders. "Let's go now then"

"What do you mean okay," I reply getting up.

Xavier Ray's biggest enemy is a girl and that's his reaction? Seriously?

"Calm down Rose, I'll explain outside"

I look at him astounded but listen nevertheless. How is he so chilled about this? I'd be furious, maybe he didn't hear me properly, that's got to be it. Silver takes my hand, sending sparks down my arm. Hormones.

"So that it? You're not mad," I say as we walk down the pavement.

"Daniella Swift," he begins, the way he says my name feels so unique. Even though I call him Silver, I still call him by his name. I wonder if it feels different to him.

"Of course I'm mad at you, but did you really think I didn't know? Heck, I'm actually more relieved that finally, Rose you would tell me yourself about your alter ego," Silver says calmly. "I knew you were Dan Swift from the day of our fist fight"

"What? What are you talking about?" I frown, not following where he's going with this.

"After leaving the nurse's office, I saw you go to the girls bathroom, that confused me," Silver explained, "The next day I spoke to Stephanie, that's when she told me about your secret and that she posted those comments about you, I was furious"

"And that's how your'll broke up," I muttered piecing it together, but how did Stephanie know?

"I felt so flippen guilty that's why I tried to make it up to you, how can I flippen fight with a girl? That's a grasshole of a coward act," He says. "I thought you were trying to get my position on the team, but you're just a girl trying to prove you can play football amazingly, I wanted to see how long it took you to tell me"

"So that's why you became my friend, to earn my trust and make it up to me," I answer, my heart dropping. Hearing those words make me feel pathetic. Gross.