Yikes!

Chapter 25 : Yikes!

It's been a hectic week in general . . .

My parents were called to the principal's office. Mum was a bit upset, dad couldn't be more proud. They spoke for awhile, pretending not to know about the whole ordeal. I got into trouble -- of course I did,  there was no way of avoiding that. Obviously after leaving the people gave me weird looks and curious stares. I think I'm getting accustomed to it. They tend to look at me differently though, why? I have no idea.

I'm just a girl playing the game I love. I don't see what's so strange about that.

But, good news is that --

I'm OFFICIALLY ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM! How awesome is that? I was officially prior to the current situation on but, now I can play as a girl. Coach is completely fine with it as long as I don't distract the others, or something like that. But honestly? This is beyond amazing. I'm so excited.

So after that embarrassing speech I delivered in front of the entire school, I saw Becky yelling something incoherent as she tackled me into a ferocious bear hug.

My other friends came as well, huddling around me as they passed their congratulations, wished me all the best. It felt nice. To belong somewhere, to have your own special group. My brother soon joined me, spinning me in a circle, as I laughed. I really missed him.

"Peter! You came!" I had said, grinning, despite the sweat and tears.

"Yeah, would I actually miss such an important game for my baby sister?" He chuckled, ruffling my hair. "The parents told me yesterday and I just made it to see the first half"

I nod in response surveying the stands for Silver, spotting him nearby, a grim frown on his face. That's strange. He looks mad.

"Who's that?" Peter asks, following my line of vision.

"Um . . . The captain, Xavier Rays," I respond. "He's my uh . . . Boyfriend"

I swear Peter's eyes widened as if he can't believe I could be capable of getting a boyfriend..

Mean.

"That's the Rays dude? As in Amelia Rays brother?"

"Uh . . . Yeah, how'd you know?" I frown at his recognition.

"Danny, Kate and her know each other, like really well, they were in high school together," Peter explains.

After saying this, I see Silver shooting me a glare. What is happening?  All I did is let another boy-

Oh.

Xavier is jealous. This is gold.

"Dan, who the hell is this?" Jackson storms up to me, his eyes blazing coals.

I give him a flat look. "Jac meet my brother Peter"

"What? You need to tell Xray that Swift, he's practically seething," Mark warns standing next to JK.

"Noo, he's coming hide me!" I say ducking behind the two boys. Peter is just standing on the side confused as ever.

"Rose! What the flip?" Xavier yells, trying to get passed Jackson.

"Woah dude, calm down," Peter finally decides to intervene.

I let out a sigh of relief. Silver runs a hand through his hair, his darkened eyes softening, letting out a few obscenities.

"Sorry dude, I had no idea," He says, apologising, before sighing as he glances at my hiding spot. "Rose you can stop hiding"

I grin sheepishly at him and pat Mark on the shoulder not missing the eyeroll. Xavier pulls me into a hug and gives me a short kiss that I melt into.