Goals

Chapter seven: Goals

After a nice shower, I wash off the hair gel and make up, which is ironic because when I'm myself I don't even wear an inch of make up. Finally done cleaning up, I tackled my homework which half way, through I gave up to eat .

What? Food is really important.

The next day at school, my whole body feels sore. I need to get used to practice again -- this is painful. Plus my ego feels really deflated because for some apparent reason the idiot [AKA Xavier] hates me. What did I ever do to him?

"Hey, guys ! What's new ?" I greet my friends the next day at school, high giving all round.

"Well, I heard only one kid called Swift got accepted onto the football team, I feel sorry for him," Audrey was saying, detailing the latest gossip.

I also feel sorry for him, honestly I thought it would be nice to be back on the team. I mean it is except, of course, that Xavier is a son of a biscuit.

"Really? How did you guys find out?" I reply, shaking away my thoughts.

"Well to be fair, Jen is the gossip queen of this group" Becky shrugs hopelessly.

"Oh my gosh, Tony have you heard, Sheila and Archer are back together after she told off Stephanie, it's like tots shocking " Ty mimics a high pitched girl voice.

The twins and I chuckled whilst both girls glared at us. Ty gulped -- causing him to choke, so as a good friend, I hit him on the back.

"Danny, owww, you slapped me so hard," he cries out flinching from my raised hand in pain.

"I do not," is my indignant reply. Okay I did.

"Oh, you sure do, I think it's bruised"

"You're being over dramatic," I roll my eyes as we go to class. The others part ways and go to their own classes.

School passes in a blur, me trying to concentrate and getting everything right. At the same time I juggle trying not to fall asleep and constantly dodging the football team.

During lunch I reminded myself to ask Becky about Xavier whilst we waited for the others.

"Hey, what's up ? You look worried," she had asked, bringing up the topic.

I look up at her and give a small smile thankful for her asking, "Is there anything off about Xavier?"

"What do you mean ? Other then half the girls at school drooling over him with his amazing looks and abs ? It's un-humanly to be so perfect," Becky replies with a glazed look and I give out a long irritated sigh, taking a bite of my lunch.

Is Xavier good looking?

Yes.

What no! Obviously not.

Obviously.

He just has a perfect face, cool amber eyes and yeah, white hair looks kinda hot. But he's my enemy and you never compliment an enemy.

"That's not what I meant, Xavier was really rude to me as Dan Swift and I don't have a clue why"

"Maybe, like what Jenny said, there hasn't been a new member on the team since Xavier became captain at the beginning of last year. He did choose all the players except you and they all listen to him. Sure, they do get into fights but that just helps them bond, now it's a change, you're bringing a change by causing a separation -- it's wrong how he treats you but it's like an alpha male guarding his territory," Becky says, in one breath.