Teams

Dudes !!! We're in the twenties !!! Cliffhanger await. Enjoy !!!

Chapter 20 : Teams

"Hello, wake up !" Someone shakes me and I awake with a startle. "C'mon dude we're going to be late"

I grunt in response and turn my head onto the pillow to avoid the sunlight. It's too early to get up. My eyes are screwed shut as I bury my head further, hoping whoever it is would go away. 

"Five more minutes," I rasp, my voice muffled.

"No! Wake up now!" The voice orders. A male for sure.

Was it dad? No, he wouldn't call me dude.

"Is that you Peter?" I ask in my groggy state. The mysterious person whom I'm to lazy to look at replies in negative. I groan in annoyance when he pokes me.

"Thomas?" 

"Would it kill you to just wake up?!"

"Yeah, Duh," I reply, throwing the blanket over my head.

The bed dips and I frown. Slowly turning to my right I see a figure my eyes still adjusting to the light. What the-

Then I scream.

Yanking the blanket off me, I grab the intruders neck squeezing his windpipe.

"Rose . . . can't breath"

My eyes widen in surprise as I get off the bed, breathing heavily. "Oh gosh it's just you Silver"

"Well that didn't work," he replies standing on the other side.

Realisation dawns on me a second later. 

"Get out of my room Silver!" I order throwing a pillow at him.

"Okay, okay, Rose," he holds up his hands in surrender, a grin still on his face.

"Wasn't funny," I mutter locking the door after throwing him out. 

I take a shower, annoyed that I'm late for school, again. After changing into a red flannel and black jeans and a jacket, I grab my bag and slide down the rail. Once downstairs, I see my mum in the kitchen sitting on the barstool her brown hair tied on top of her head a mug in her hand as she talked to Xavier, him leaning against the nearby wall. She's not speaking to in the I-will hunt-you-down-if-you-break-my-daughters-heart but more in a motherly tone. The boy's just lucky my dad's not here.

Wait, why is mum home?

Xavier's eyes meant mine and I raise an eyebrow. 

"Hey, Rose, done already?" He asks innocently. 

"Told you dear, she's way to boyish," Mum says. How they just talk about me whilst I'm there is beyond understanding. Then she turns to me finally, "Oh yes I let Xavier come up I hope you didn't mind"

I give my mother a blank look. My parents are way to lenient.

"Right, so if we done here with all the introductions, I need food," I say sitting on the barstool.