Because I care

Beth POV
I heard Daan and Viv yell at each other and when I walked around the corner I saw Daan running away. I decided to chase her;
B: "Daan, what's going on? Where are you going?"
D: "It's really none of your business"
B: "Would you stop running?!"
D: "Just leave me alone!"
B: "No!"
D: "Go bother someone else!"
B: "Please talk to me!"
*Daan slowed down*
D: "Why would I?"
B: "Because I care!"
D: "Just stop it already! You aren't my girlfriend and you sure as hell ain't my mother, so just back off will ya?!"
B: "No matter how many times you're gonna push me away, I won't just abandon you!" (Cringeee, I'm so sorry)
D: "What the hell is it that you want?!"
B: "For you to explain to me what is going on!"
D: "I don't need to explain myself to you, I just want to be left alone"
B: "Well too bad, because I'm not leaving until you talk to me. So the sooner you'll talk, the sooner I leave you alone."
She now had stopped running and stood still, I laid down my hand on her shoulder.
B: "You can trust me, I promise I won't tell anyone."
Daan turned around, she was crying.
D: "Be- Beff, I messed uppp so ba- badd."
I leaned in and gave her a hug. She cried over my shoulder, we stood there for a few minutes and than she finally faced me.

We were still at the training complex and not far there was a sofa. I took Daan her hand and softly pulled her over there. We sat down and Daan started talking;
D: "When I was around 16/17, I used to go out a lot and got drunk all the time. I hang out with the wrong people and ended up in some serious trouble. My parents and sister were struggling with my problems as well and I kind of became the unmanageable teen. The only thing distracting me from all those problems was football, so I always left my heart on the pitch. When I got scouted, I was still in so much trouble. But I tried my best to fix all of the mistakes I made and made up with the people I had hurt, including my parents and sister. My parents forgave me but my sister never really did. A few weeks before you arrived here at Arsenal, I had a call with her. She was driving the car and we were fighting, suddenly I heard a scream and the line went dead. A few hours later I got the call my sister had died in a car accident. No one knew that it was me who caused the accident, until now. My sister died and it was all my fault."
B: "Omg Daan, I'm so sorry that happened. But just that you know, it wasn't your fault. Your sister was the one calling on the phone while driving and she clearly wasn't paying attention on the road. I get why you feel guilty, but it wasn't your fault."
D: "That's not all. After that phone call I was devastated and I went to the bar and got really drunk. I forgot my worries and I felt better. I started drinking myself to sleep every night, until you came. When we hung out and talked, I wasn't as lonely and sad and I stopped drinking. But then we went to that bar, I got really drunk again, I made out with that guy and you were really angry with me. After that night, I was really depressed and lonely again and I started drinking myself to sleep again. Here you are, talking to some kind of alcoholic."
B: "Daan, why didn't you tell anyone?"
D: "I couldn't, I was too ashamed."
She started crying again and we hugged for a while.
D: "You shouldn't even be talking to me, I'm a horrible person."
B: "Just the fact that you feel this awful, already proves that you're not. And I don't judge, remember?"
D: "You're too good for me."
B: "Everyone makes mistakes, some are bigger and have more consequences than others. You didn't call and start fighting with her on purpose, you're a good person, even if you don't think you are."
D: "I'm so sorry for everything."
B: "Daan, I'm not forcing you to do anything but I do think it's a good idea to tell the others and get help for your drinking problem."
D: "They'll be judging me and I don't have to get help, I'm fine."
B: "No they won't and no you're not, I can see it in your eyes."
D: "What on earth did I do to deserve you?"
B: "Come on, let's get you home first. I'll go to say to Joe that you got sick and I've to bring you home. Brb."

When we got at Daan, Viv and Lisa their house, Daan noticed how tired she was and we walked upstairs. She changed into her pyjama's and than looked to me.
D: "You know, what I said earlier, about you not being my girlfriend, I kinda wish you were. You're one of the most humble persons I have ever met."
B: "Stop it, you're making me blush."
D: "I'm serious."
B: "Well so am I."
D: "Alright than."
B: "You should get some sleep and no drinking this time!"
D: "I won't, promised."
B: "Alright princess, sleep well."
I leaned over and gave her a kiss on the forehead, she looked at me with those gorgeous eyes and closed them right after that. I walked out of the room, out of the house and stepped into my car to head back to the training.

Thanks for reading this chapter🙏🏻 Btw sorry for the corny parts, but hope you guys still like it🙃 Please leave your suggestions and feedback in the comments❤️