There you go

Beth POV
The following two weeks went by pretty quickly. Viv got out of the hospital but couldn't play football for at least a month, we all felt sorry for her but at the same time we knew that Viv was gonna be allright and that was the most important thing. In our game we had to adjust a little since Viv pretty much scores every game and is our best attacker. Turns out that Daan can handle the position quite well, so we just played with Daan in the striker position.

We saw Viv slowly getting better, after a few days she had already replaced her bed for the coach and after a week she could already walk with crutches. The games on the other hand, didn't quite go as well. We didn't lose luckily, but the games were definitely tough. We played 0-0 against Manchester United and we won with 1-0 of Tottenham Hotspurs. Not the best results but still good enough to be on top of the WSL.

On Monday morning I woke up, turning around to find out Daan wasn't there. That was kinda odd since she's always the one waking up the latest. I checked my phone for the time: 8.46. I walked downstairs where I saw Daan standing, in her jogging outfit, with a bowl of cereal. "Hey what's gotten into you being awake this early?" She chuckled "I didn't sleep very well because the neighbors were throwing a party, so I decided to go for a run." "Was it good?" She nodded and gave me a bowl of cereal as well. "Thanks" After we had finished our breakfast, Daan suggested to go to the shoppingcenter of London. I agreed and we got dressed.

When we arrived it was pretty quiet, it being 10 o'clock probably had probably something to do with that. Daan and I went into loads of shops and we bought the most useless stuff and a lot of new clothes. We walked trough the street when we passed by a Victoria secret shop. Daan stopped "Do you mind if we go in real quick, I need a few new lingerie sets." I agreed even though I wasn't quite comfortable with us shopping underwear together. I don't know why really, but it just made me feel weird. Daan constantly asked for my opinion which didn't make it any easier for me. When she finally went to try them on, her eye caught a red lingerie set and pointed towards it "something for you?" I looked at it a bit more closely and I had to admit that I actually liked it. I took my size and we went to the fitting rooms together.

I quickly changed into the lingerie and decided to buy it. Daan had taken a lot more to try on so it took her pretty long. I looked up from my phone when I heard Daan saying my name "Hey Beff, mind helping me out with my bra? It keeps on getting loose over and over again." I doubted for a second but then realized that I couldn't really turn her down so I stepped into the fitting room. There she was, standing in a black lingerie set, struggling with her bra strap. The black lingerie color perfectly matched with her tan skin color, she was really muscular as well. I had noticed it before, but I had never looked at it from such a small distance. She looked absolutely stunning and I  noticed that it kind of turned me on. Okay Beth focus, just help the girl out with her bra strap.
I went to stand behind her and softly put my hand on her back taking the strap from her. I closed the clasp carefully "there you go" I rubbed her waist softly. She smiled at me "Thank you." I stepped out of the fitting room again and couldn't stop thinking about the girl her body.

5 minutes later she stepped out of the fitting room with the lingerie sets, she was going to buy all of them including the black one. Good lord, what a punishment...
After we payed we decided to go to a small lunch room, where Daan came quite often. She had her regular spot in the corner, so we went to sit there.
B: "Why did you wanna sit here so bad?"
D: "I just like to have some privacy that's all"
B: "Daan, can I ask you something?"
D: "Sure, go ahead."
B: "Have you ever had a girlfriend before?"
D: "To be honest... No"
B: "I already thought so."
D: "How so?"
B: "I don't know, just had this feeling."
D: "Have you?"
B: "Yes, twice actually."
D: "Why the question though?"
B: " No I just have been thinking quite a lot about you and me these past few weeks."
D: "Me too"
B: "I just hoped you would like maybe want to be my girlfriend? Like if you don't want to just yet it's fine as well. We don't have to be in a relationship just yet. I mean I'd like it, but you have to do whatever feels good to y-"
D: "Well actually, I really like you and I definitely think this could be something for real. But I haven't found decent closure with my ex-boyfriend just yet. It wouldn't be fair to you and to him if I just got together with you. I'll try to figure things out as soon as possible okay?"
B: "Yeah, okay. I get that."
D: "I'm sorry, I wish I could give you a different answer but I can't."
B: "It's okay really. It just shows that you care and that you don't want to mess things up."
D: "Thank you for understanding, you have no idea how much that means to me."
B: "You ex-boyfriend huh? What's his name?"
D: "Luuk, his name is Luke."

I pulled her in for a hug and a few seconds later she pulled back "Love ya" I chuckled "too." We finished our meal and went home with the subway. I laid my head on her shoulder, I was thinking the whole situation trough. I love her and I have to be understanding. But at the same time I just really want her to be my gf. But I can't mess it up like I did with Jennifer, I love Daan way to much for that.
I reached for Daan her hand and we just sat there, quietly, enjoying each other's company.

When we got home, Daan went upstairs for a shower. I heard the doorbell rang, I walked towards the door and opened it. There was a handsome young man standing in front of me "Can I help you?" He smiled at me "Is Daniëlle van de Donk currently living here?" I nodded "Yes, she is showering at the moment. And who are you if I may ask?" He shook my hand "My name is Luke, Luke Brown . Nice to meet you."

Thank you for reading this chapter! Hope you're still enjoying it and I'll probably be updating soon since I have shortened class hours this week😊 So that means I have more free time to write. Please leave your feedback and ideas in the comments, byee❤️