Pop it

Nobody POV
It is now a few months later, the season has ended, Arsenal won the league (of course) and Daan was laying next to a swimming pool somewhere in Dubai next to her girlfriend Beth Mead. They were on a holiday together and had been in a relationship since the night of the hotel. There hadn't been any drama or jealousy and they both enjoyed each other company every moment of the day. They loved spending the vacation together and had the time of their lives over there in Dubai.

Daan POV
Beth was laying next to me with her sunglasses on, her eyes probably closed. I laid next to her on my side, watching her. I never take the time to appreciate how lucky I got, Beth joining Arsenal, her forgiving me for that night and us moving on from the whole 'light and breezy' thing. Not a lot of people would've gotten out of that situation as a couple, but we did and I'm so glad that it all turned out perfectly. I loved spending my time and sharing my life with her.

Today was our 6 months anniversary, but I don't think Beth realized it. Probably to 'busy' with having vacation, I chuckled out loud. She looked at me with a soft smile "What is it?" I quickly came up with an excuse "Oh this woman tripped over a stick." She looked at me with a suspicious face "Ok then, I don't buy it, but sure." I was actually glad that she forgot, the surprise I had set up would be even bigger, without her knowing.

It is now around 3 PM and, the time difference with the Netherlands was 3 hours. So over there it is now noon. My mom video called me. I answered. We chatted a bit in Dutch, while Beth was looking at me with a weird face trying to understand what we were saying. She only knows a few words and phrases like: "Hey, hoe gaat het lekker ding?" (Hey, how are you doing hottie) -she's only allowed to use that one towards me and the Arsenal girls though- and "Ik hou van jou." (I love You) Beth took the phone from me and started talking to my mom. I looked at the sight and smiled. I love her bond with my parents, it makes me love her even more. My parents were terrible at English at first, but are now learning the language for Beth, to talk with her. Beth is helping her because she's struggling with some words. She does it very often and it's a really cute sight.

(M= Mother Daan, B= Beth)
M: "I see a video of you against Manchester City. You play excelling."
B: "Excellent. Ending on -ENT. And thank you😊"
M: "Yes, excallent."
B: "ExcEllent."
M: "Excellent."
B: "Yess, excellent."
The conversation went on for a while and I just sat back and enjoyed the view.

After we came back in the hotel room, we took a shower(together😏). When we came out, it was almost time for the surprise. We both changed into some nice clothes and I took her hand and walked her to the car. I sat behind the wheel and felt her grab my thigh. Oh how I loved it when she did that.

We arrived and parked the car. I took her hand "Okay, close your eyes and just trust me." She started to giggle. We walked towards the spot, I had prepared the whole thing and when we arrived I turned to Beth "Now open your eyes.".

Beth POV
I slowly opened my eyes to see a beautiful view, we were standing on the top of a high mountain, which gave us a view over London. Next to us was a little wooden bench, on which we went to sit. Daan had brought a picnic basket with all of my favorite foods. She conjured up a bottle of champagne and handed it to me "Come on, pop it." I put some pressure on the cork and it popped. Daan held two champagne glasses and I poured the champagne. We toasted and Daan chuckled "Happy 6 month anniversary babe." My eyes widened "Omg, I'm so sorry. I totally forgot, I'm so stupi-." Before I could even finish my sentence, Daan had already pressed her lips on mine. She pulled back "It's okay, as long as you don't forgot the many following." I smiled at her "I'm so lucky." She chuckled "Hell yeah you are." We both laughed and she grabbed a box of sushi out of the basket.

We both took one and with the sushi still being in her mouth Daan started talking "Befwor I forgef, I boughf uws fickets fwor a game." I tried not to laugh at the small brunette in front of me "Which one?" She had now finished her sushi "I don't know, just a random one in the neighborhood. I just kinda missed the game and thought it would be fun to visit one." I looked behind her and saw a bag containing a football "A good thing that you brought a football then."

I quickly ran over to it and Daan was right behind me. I did a few tricks which kept Daan from the ball "Give it to me." I teased her "Make me." She tried getting the ball and succeeded, she stuck her tongue out. I walked towards her "You have something on your lip." Daan stood still "What?" I slowly moved my hand over to her face, she followed my finger with her eyes, and right before I touched her soft skin, I dribbled the ball away. "Oh, you are so gonna regret that."

An hour later it was time to go to the game, we quickly packed our stuff and walked over to the car again. Daan sat behind the wheel and I sang along with the music on the radio. She softly smiled at me.

After about 30 minutes later, we arrived. Daan quickly went out of the car, to open the door for me "Since when do you have manners?" I joked. The small brunette looked offended "I always have, dunno what you're talking about." I stroke her cheek, which made her blush "I'm just kidding." We walked inside, trying to find out seats, which wasn't easy, but in the end we succeeded.

After a very long but amazing night, we finally arrived back at the hotel again. It was already past midnight and everything was dark. We went upstairs and opened the door of the room. We both quickly changed and went to sit on the bed. Daan pulled me close to her and laid her hands on my cheeks. She just sat there, looking at me. I giggled "What is it?" She sighed "I just really, really love you." I smiled at her "I love you too."

Well that was it you guys, I finished the story. I'm sorry I wasn't very active the last couple of chapters, but I just really didn't have any motivation and when I finally did, I wrote to entire chapter, for it to get deleted😬 But anyways I hope you enjoyed the story and thank y'all for your support the entire time. I'm not sure if I'll ever write another story again. BUT never say never, byebyee👋🏻❤️