Pretty little head

Beth POV
The next day after we had had practice Daan went with Luke to a small lunch room and Lisa and Viv were still out, doing god knows what, so I had the place for myself. I decided to call Katie, because I was kinda bored and Katie always has the best ideas. She came over and we decided to bake a cake, just because we felt like it. While baking it Katie asked me how things were going with Daan, I gave her a surprised look "What do you mean?" She chuckled "Come on, don't play dumb. It's way too obvious." I sighed and realized that it would be nice to finally tell someone the whole story, the whole thing was just so complicated. I told Katie everything, from the 'light and breezy' until the Luke situation, when I was finally done, Katie looked at me with wide eyes "Wow, I had no idea things were so complicated between the two of you. I just thought that you fancied each other, that's it." I chuckled "Katie McCabe not knowing everything better, that's new." She gave me a soft stump and we continued baking.

Around an hour later, while me and Katie were watching a Christmas movie, Daan came home. She sat down next to us and suddenly realized that she had lost her phone. "Do you know Luke his number? Maybe he knows where your phone is?" I looked at her with a questioning face "Yeah, I do actually." I handed her my phone and she called him.
D: "Hey, I lost my phone and I'm not sure where I left it, do you have any ide-"
L: "..."
D: "Really that's great!"
L: "..."
D: "Oh no, don't bother. We'll come pick it up, just send me your adres."
L: "..."
D: "Really, it's not a big deal."
L: "..."
D: "It will only cost you time."
L: "..."
D: "Just text Beth the address, we'll be there ASAP"
L: "..."
D: "Okay great, see you soon"
She laid down the phone "Luke had my phone, I'm gonna go over to his house to go get it." I nodded "I mean we could join you" Katie suggested. "Sure, let's go" we headed to Daan her car and drove to Luke his house.

It was a messed up neighborhood, everywhere you could look were kids smoking and drinking. "Damn, this place looks rough. I thought you said he was an architect?" Daan nodded "He is." Katie frowned "Why on earth would you live in such a neighborhood if you're an architect. Daan shook her head "Don't know, I'm sure there's an explanation."

When we rang Luke his doorbell he quickly answered "Hey, you're here already. Didn't expect you to be this soon. Hang on I'll get your phone real quick." He brutally left us outside the house and walked away, the door was ajar. Katie curiously pushed the door a little further open and looked inside "This place looks rotten" I couldn't help but laugh. Katie didn't hesitate and walked inside. "Katie McCabe what the hell are you doing?!" Daan didn't get a response and suddenly we heard Katie scream, it was a soft scream so Luke probably didn't hear. We heard footsteps and saw Katie appear "You guys have to see this." Daan looked at Katie with a weird face "What's going on?" Katie shook her head "Just come and see." Daan sighed "Alright then." Daan and I stepped inside as well and we saw a wall full of nudes of Daan. I was turned on by it but I also felt so sorry for Daan, so I hid it pretty well. Daan just stood there looking like she felt absolutely worthless. I took her head between my hands "You don't deserve this okay, so whatever is going trough that pretty little head of yours, please know that this isn't your fault." Daan her eyes watered and I pulled her in for a hug. Katie had been walking around the room and picked up a brush "Daan isn't this yours?" Daan pulled out of the hug and looked in Katie her direction. "It is, I haven't seen that since... since the night of the burglary..." Her eyes widened "Omg I remember now, his face, I thought I had seen the guy before and I remember now, it was Luke! How the bell could I be so stupid to let the guy into our house, to go on lunch dates with him and I damn straight hugged the guy, MULTIPLE TIMES." I tried to calm her down, but there was no use. She was absolutely furious "Let's confront him! See what he has to say." I pulled her out of the house "Let's nott, you don't know if he has the gun again." Daan shook her head "But I want answers, right now." I looked at Katie, hoping that she would back me up but she didn't "I mean even if he had a gun, he has to get it first. You don't carry that shit around in your back pocket." I sighed "Fine then!"

Luke came back with Daan her phone "That took you long enough." Daan frowned. "Yeah, sorry about that, I got a call from a friend of mine." Daan nodded "Yeah we found it a bit chilly outside and decided to check your place out." We saw Luke his face freeze, Daan continued "Interesting wallpaper you've got there, would you mind explaining that?" Her voice was hoarse and, strangely enough, very calm, at least that's what it sounded like, in reality she was probably boiling on the inside. Luke quickly took a step backwards and wanted to close the door, but he didn't have much of a chance against 3 female football players. We quickly grabbed him and dragged him over to a chair. "Well I think you have some explaining to do." Daan said with a frown on her face. Luke sighed "It's a long story." I nodded "We've got plenty of time, so go for it."

Thank you so much for reading this chapter. Sorry for the long wait, I'm really busy with school at the moment and I don't have much time to write. This week will be very busy as well, so I don't think there will be an update until Saterday. So sorry, but I have long schooldays and loads of tests, so I really don't have much time right now. Hope you guys understand. Please leave some feedback in the comments and a vote would be really appreciated as well🥰