Missed me?

Beth POV
I was standing next to Leah and Jordan at the airport, waiting for Daan, Viv and Jill to come out of the exit. We had all just had international duties and I was so excited to see all the other girls again, starting with the dutchies. Me, Leah and Jordan were in a pretty good mood since we won both of the friendly games we played against Belgium and Chili. Daan, Viv and Jill were probably in a pretty good mood as well, since they won their two games against Turkey and Australia as well.

They came out of the exit and I ran towards Daan to hug her, she dropped her bags and returned my hug. It felt so good to touch her again, even though it had only been a week, I'd still missed her so much. She stepped back and smiled at me "Missed me?" I chuckled "You? Neh. I did miss my Jilliekrokodillie tho." I winked at Daan and turned to Jill go give her a hug as well. Jill sighed at the nickname, but that turned into a soft smile when I hugged her. After that we decided to get some coffee and after that go back to our houses. Jill her mom was gone, so I assumed that I would go sleep over there again.

After we got our coffee I walked over to Daan; "Uhm Daan can we head to your place first? I still have to get my stuff to move it to Jill's." The brunette looked at me with a disappointed look on her face "Sure, let's go."

We walked away knowing that Viv and Lisa have their own car, but the two quickly ran after us "We wanted to tell you something but we kind of didn't want to say it without each other. Me and Viv have bought our own place. It's still in the neighborhood, so you can always drop by and stuff." Lisa softly smiled at us. Daan frowned her eyebrows "Nice for you but am I supposed to live in that house on my own now then?" She looked upset. I softly tapped Daan her shoulder "I'll leave you alone and wait in the car."

Nobody POV
Viv looked confused "But I thought Beth would stay with you as well?" Daan crossed her arms "That was temporary remember? It's not like we're some kind of girlfriends or something." Lisa smirked "You're kidding me right? You'd love to have her as your girlfriend. We all know it, including you." Daan sighed "I don't want anyone to be my girlfriend or boyfriend. I just want to be Daniëlle van de Donk, the football player, not Beth Mead her girlfriend. I'm sure she feels the same, besides we aren't that serious. I just like the girl, because she's sweet and has been there for me, that's all. But a relationship? Never." Lisa looked at her with a weird look on her face "You're just fooling yourself, you love the girl and you know it. But you're scared because Luke treated you wrong and hurt you, you're scared that you might get hurt again, being in a relationship with Beth." Daan thought about it "Maybe you're right." Viv looked at her with a surprised face "Jij, die iemand gelijk geeft? Ik had niet verwacht dat ik dat ooit nog mee zou maken." ("You telling someone that they're right? I didn't think I would ever experience that.") Daan just ignored her. "Go tell the girl that she should stay with you and tell her how you feel. Trust me it will all work out, she isn't Luke. She's sweet, caring and loves to play football. I'm speaking from experience; it's the best combination." Lisa softly smiled at Viv. Daan nodded "Well, I'm gonna go now. Thank you." Lisa gave her a hug "Always." Daan turned around and headed to the car.

Daan POV
Beth was packing all her things, but what she didn't know is that I was planning on asking her to stay with me and be my girlfriend. So the packing was pretty much worthless, well unless she would say no, but it gave me the time to set the whole thing up. I made a reservation at her favorite sushi restaurant and booked a hotel room. In the hotel room would be laying a bouquet of roses and the room would be decorated with little lights, to make the ambiance even more romantic. I was super nervous and I was praying for her to say yes, imagine her not feeling the same. I mean it does look like she feels the same, but maybe she doesn't want to be in a relationship or she just doesn't see it happening. Ok Daan stop it now, it will be fine. She was the one who asked you to be her girlfriend a few weeks ago and you turned her down.

I walked upstairs and knocked on the door, I opened it and saw Beth sitting next to all of the bags she had already packed. I felt kind of bad for her, because it wasn't even been necessary. She looked up "Hi" I smiled softly "Hey, one more thing." She nodded "what is it?" I took a deep breath "I'd like to take you on a date if that's alright with you." She smiled "I'd like that. What and when did you have in mind?" I blushed "Well how about now?" She looked surprised "Now, you mean like now now?" I laughed at her "Yeah, now now. Well at least after you changed. I mean, I really like your outfit and you look good in it, but-" Beth interrupted me "But it has to be a bit more fancier? Like a dress?" I nodded "Yeah." She smiled "I guess I'll go change then. Just one problem, I already packed all of my clothes and I'm too lazy to get them out of there again." I chuckled "Just take a look into my closet, I'm sure there's something that will fit you."

After an hour I was ready to go and saw Beth walking down the stairs one of my favorite dresses, she looked gorgeous in it. "Wow, you look stunning, you were supposed to just wear it not to wear it better." Beth chuckled "I could never top you." I smirked "I'll guess there's only one way to find out." She blushed "I'll happily take that offer ." I took her hand "Ready to go?" She nodded.

We went to the sushi restaurant and we were perhaps a bit overdressed but I didn't care. All I could think about was Beth, who was sitting in front of me. After about 2 hours we left the restaurant and I drove to the hotel. "Daan, we're going the wrong way." I smiled at her "I know." She just sat there in confusion, not knowing where we were going.

When we arrived, she'd already figured that I booked the two of us a hotel for the night. "Omg Daan, that's so sweet and thoughtful of you." I gave her a hug an we went inside. The receptionist gave us the keys and we made our way to the hotelroom. I got more nervous every step we took and Beth seemed to notice, she looked at me with a worried face "Are you okay? What's going on?" I just softly smiled at her "You'll see."

I opened the door to the hotelroom and Beth walked in first. She stood there for about 20 seconds just watching the room, before turning around. "What's this all for?" I took her hands and intertwined them with mine. "Beth, I wanted to ask you something. The truth is: I don't want to live all by myself in that house. I want to share it with you, because I love you and I think this is a good next step to take. The past week in the Netherlands really got me thinking about us and about how much I missed you and I realized that I need you in my life, I need Beth Mead in my life. So Beth Mead do you want to move in with me and maybe be my girlfriend?" Beth squeezed my hands softly "Of course I want to move in with you and call myself your girlfriend, there's nothing I'd like more"

She kissed me and I deepened the kiss right away, I softly pushed her onto the bed. We both knew that the night was far from over.

So the title of this chapter kinda suits my activity at the moment. It has been two weeks since I last published a new chapter. I'm really sorry, but I have just been very busy and I also didn't really have any motivation to write. I still hope you liked the chapter and feedback would be appreciated☺️