Rival

Volleyball player tae and Basketball player gguk.

warning: gay awakening,  sassy Taehyung and bossy Jungkook, college students, varsity players, very short
_______________________________________

"Jeon, what brings you to my court?"

Taehyung, the number one volleyball player in their team, school's most charming Team Captain, asks his rival which is currently dribbling that damn ball on the squeaky floors.

that arrogant bastard.

Jungkook is the Captain of the school's basketball team. The handsome, well built, and talented male who wins anyone's heart, but not Taehyung's.

they have bad blood.

Let's just say that Kim is one cheeky little shit, while Jeon is an conceited and stubborn ass. It doesn't help that both men are so competitive, never backing down at any fight.

"What? Can't I come for a little visit, darling?" The brunette asks back, smug smile plastering his face.

"Awww, that's so sweet. But as much as I appreciate your effort to annoy me, we have practice." The blonde feigns a frown, pouting his lips and batting his pretty long lashes.

not that Jungkook thinks they're pretty but whatvr.

"So you can go and run along, dear. I have business to attend to." The volleyball player says, waving his hand while doing so.

"Sorry, but I think you're wrong. Me and my teammates also have to practice, so I guess you can go and run along with your gals." The other answers, already making a move before Taehyung stands right in front of him, crossing his arms.

"Nice try Jeon, but we have the court all to ourselves today."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, we do."

"I said no, don't you know how to listen?"

"I do, but I don't take orders from you."

"I'd like to teach you some manners, Kim."

"And I'd like to see you try, Jeon."

And with every word spat with venom, they took a step forward which leads them to their position now. The brunette is towering over the volleyball player who doesn't budge, arching his eyebrow and looking up at the other male with an intense gaze.

"Okay, stop it the both of you!" The coach shouts, stomping towards both males from the other end of the gymnasium. "This is my court, so you follow my rules." Coach Jung says, adding some distance between both players who are glaring at each other, breaking them apart.

"I'm not in the mood to deal with your bullshit today, so save it for next practice. The gym is big enough to share. Both teams will play half court. Tae, you get the right side." The teacher adds, nodding to the volleyball player who sticks his tongue out to Jungkook before skipping to his side of the court.

"What? Why does he get to have the right side of the court? That's closer to the drinking fountains, coach." The brunette states, pouting slightly as the elder's eyebrows pinch together.

"That's what you get for disturbing practice, Jeon. Now go to your side, warm up before playing." Mr. Jung reminds before walking away, shaking his head.

And so their Rivalry is a never ending push and pull.

But no one knows that behind those curtains, away from peering eyes, and when there's silence instead of the continuous buzzing of gossip; Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung may not be what they seem to be.

Maybe, Taehyung is not as sassy and more soft and gentle. Where he smiles genuinely and laughs heartily, all pink cheeks and bright eyes on display. Where he's pliant and caring. 

And maybe, Jungkook isn't so bad either. More dumb jokes and puns rather than the naughty and indecent mockery. Where he's understanding and caters to the other's needs. Where he's protective and oh so loving towards the volleyball player.

And maybe, just maybe, they mistake their admiration as hatred that soon blossoms into their love for one another.

But no one else has to know,

it's just their little secret that might be true.

Maybe it is.

word count : 668

hope u enjoyed, loves