¤Rengoku Kyojuro¤

Requested by MakotoYagami
Enjoy!

--------------

"Light up the fire of love inside and blaze the thoughts away." -Rumi

The cold air was entering your lungs as you swung your sword. You were injured all over. Bruises and cuts could be seen on your face, arms and legs. Gripping your sword, you dodged the attack of the demon. You were fighting a pretty strong demon although they weren't one of the twelve kizuki.

You have already forgotten the fact that the flame pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro was with you because youre basically in the middle of life and death by now. He was no where to be found.

"Second style, Ascending Blazing Sky!" A yell could be heard from the other side of the forest you were also in. Slicing the head of the demon as it disintegrates. As he sheathed his sword, he started running through the trees looking for a certain (h/c) haired girl as he called out her name "(Y/N)! (Y/N)?! WHERE ARE YOU!?" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

~~~~~

"Kyojoru-sama! Lets have a training session together!" You said cheerfully as you held one of your fists high. Rengoku let out a chuckle as he gave you a pat on the head "Sorry (Y/N)-chan, I'm assigned to a mission right now. Lets have it when we get back." He gave you a warm smile as you pout.

"I'll go with you then!" You replied, feeling determined and confident. Rengoku got worried as he took his hand away from your head. "(Y/N)... this is a very serious mission and i dont want you to get hurt" . You took his hands and held them, a blush appeared on his cheeks as his eyes widened. "I just want to be together with you. And be there to protect you too." You looked down, smiling.

Rengoku smiled once more and caressed your cheek and kissed your forehead. "Not if i protect you first"

~~~~~

You couldn't breathe properly anymore. Your right leg was already broken and your wounds have gotten worse. Everything hurts and you felt like you could pass out.

"You're pathetic you know that?" The demon chuckled. You struggled to stand as you grip your sword in front of you.

With a blink of an eye the demon lunged towards you as their sharp teeth was ready to bite you down to shreds. You stumbled on your back as you closed your eyes ready to feel the pain but it didnt reach.

Silence was emitting the forest, only a sound of a sword slashing was made. You opened your eyes and to your surprise, you saw the love of your life, Rengoku Kyojuro, slicing the demon's neck in a snap.

Before you could call out for him, everything went dark. You were slowly falling into a deep and shadowy abyss. You could feel arms wrap around you as warm tear drops feel on your cheeks.

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" The flame pillar said as he placed your head on his lap. "No no no, its not the time. Dont leave me like this!". Tears fell down from his cheeks to yours. "I'm going to save you! I'm going to protect you no matter what the cost!" His arms were now under your back and legs. He quickly dashed through the forest as he carried you back to the butterfly estate.

-Time Skip-

You slowly opened your eyes as sun rays kissed your face revealing such a petite look. You had bandages all over your body and you can barely even move your broken leg. You looked over to your side and saw Aoi folding a hankerchief.

She noticed that you were already awake and placed the hankerchief down. "(Y/N), you're finally awake...Everyone was worried sick about you."  she said as  she turned her chair to face you. "How long was i out..?" You rubbed your temple as you were having a headache.

"Just a week" she replied as she stood up from her seat and made her way towards the infirmary door. "I'll inform everyone that you're ok. See you in a bit" with that, she instantly left.

You looked at your bandaged leg as you thought about Rengoku. You felt guilty. 'I completely forgot about him. I'm such a terrible person. I hope he's ok"

After a few minutes of being stuck in your thoughts, the infirmary door slammed open revealing a wide eyed flame pillar. He quickly rushed to your side as he hugged you, not too tight. "Thank the gods! Im so glad you're ok (Y/N)." He said. He pulled away from you and cupped your face. "I thought i lost you. Don't scare me like that ever again." You could tell he was filled with worry as you look into his golden eyes.

You gently held his hand that was on your cheeks and frowned. "I'm.... i'm sorry Kyojuro-sama... " you sighed "I was weak and i lost all my stamina". He sat down on the bed and looked at you as he was holding your hand. "Its not your fault (Y/N)-san. You're amazing in your own way, dont say terrible things about yourself". You looked at him as tears started falling onto your soft cheeks. He gently wiped them away with his thumb "(Y/N)..." he whispered under his breath.

Then something popped into your mind "Th-the demons! There were multiple demons from where i was! What happened to them?"

"I left them....I had to save you (Y/N)" he replied. You felt like guilt was just gonna swallow you whole that moment. "You should have tried to save the world before saving me" you said sadly. Rengoku gave you such a heart warming smile and leaned closer to you.

"But you're my world (Y/N)"

He said as he took your hand and placed it on his chest letting you feel his rapid heartbeat. You could feel your face warm up and blush a thousand shades of red. "J-jeez, thats so cheesy" you said giggling and rubbing the back of your neck with your other hand.

He gave you a peck on the lips and smiled genuinely.

"You're the flame in my heart"

------------------

A/N
I HAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS LIKE OMG AKDHJSHDS I HOPE YOU LIKED IT KYAAAAAA. I WROTE THIS WHILE WE WERE HAVING CLASSES HAHAHAHA

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!