4.7

Third person pov
Trigger warning

A part of her past, the moment it started, the moment insanity entered her sane thoughts. It started playing in front of the old wise man.

The girl looked outside of the big window that was located in the living room. A big layer of snow had covered the pavement, and even the first prominent footsteps started to disappear in the white cold.

It was warm inside, and the dim lights radiated the feeling of home perfectly, yet, there was a sudden urge that made its way into the girl her mind. An urge to walk into the snow. So that is what she was going to do, she turned away from the window and opened the door.

And so did the 9 year old girl walk into the snow, the coldness against the skin of her bare  feet.
She had no idea what her intentions were, but her mind was telling her that this was oddly satisfying.

So her feet carried her through the badly lit street, that was so familiar to her.

Something had been off for the past few weeks, it was no secret that the mind of the 9 year old was special, she was extremely smart, yet people tended to question about her whereabouts more than they should.

Her eyes caught sight of ghosts, or more like, tormented souls that were left to roam down the street. The children that would smile because they were reunited with their family, were now, emotionless and numb. The criminals that usually had the emotions that consisted of anger and hatred, for their life that was taken away, were now replaced with clear pain, remorse and sorrow.

She thought this was a sign, a sign for something bad. The sky had been dark and grey for weeks and there was something coming, and the young girl could feel it. There was no real word to describe the feeling of her suspicion.

Yet, she felt a strange attraction towards it.

It was as if the future had already written itself, and she was simply there to watch, nothing more.
She was destined to watch, but for what, had yet to be revealed.

One of the most peculiar things of the previous events that had happened, was from one day ago, a hospital had been blown up, there was no human being found on the street.
It was like it had occurred in her own mind. She felt conscious of every little thing 

Something was clearly wrong and it almost pained her. As the girl was deep in thought while walking on the white pavement that was way too cold to actually walk bare footed on, she snapped out of it as if an alarm went off, she quickly turned around and walked back as fast as her feet would carry her to the house.

Her home.

The thing that she caught sight of first, was the cat of the neighbours.
The poor animal hung upside down, with eyes and organs removed and ripped apart on the ground, she followed the trail and looked down at her feet, she saw the blood prints in the snow, and now covering her feet.
Strangely this did not upset her quite as much as it should, in an odd way, it almost fascinated her, by the cruelness and threatening gesture.

She should be scared, frightened even, she was very much aware of that. Not for her own life, but that of her family, that was obviously in danger.

She opened the door with a swift wave of the wand she already had the pleasure of having.

The first image that was played in front of her was like a fire burning a book, erasing the letters of happiness, as two unfamiliar figures were standing in front of the people she cared about most.