9 | Hanging out with your Crush

When Adra woke up the first thing she did was check her phone

When Adra woke up the first thing she did was check her phone. She clicked on the phone icon to see the people she had recently talked too.

Yes, it wasn't a dream. Armaan had called her. And they talked on the phone. They talked outside school.

She was so overwhelmed. She freaking overwhelmed. It was as if all her wishes were coming true.

She didn't know what was the meaning of whatever that happened between her and Armaan. But firstly, how did he get her number?

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Promising herself she will wake up after 5 minutes.

••••

When Armaan boarded the bus, he smiled at her. And oh, did she not die right there. Because she did.

She smiled at him too, her face red. She was so thankful that Jiten hadn't noticed this. What would she do if he had noticed this?

She buried her face in her bag because she couldn't stop smiling. She felt something in her hand and saw that Armaan had passed her a chocolate and her smile just grew.

••••

"Why did Shree ma'am call Ishika?" Khushi asked them in lunch, "is something wrong?"

Shree ma'am was their coordinator and she taught business studies to Armaan's class only. She did teach nicely, at least you didn't feel like sleeping in class.

"I don't know," Adra frowned. Did Ishika do something she wasn't suppose too? Did they catch her kissing some guy? But as far as Adra knew only Ishika was called and that she liked Armaan, why would she kiss someone else?

She walked away with her lunch plate  in the used placed window.

"Armaan," she said, "is your class teacher absent?"

Their class had accounts the next period and Armaan's class teacher taught them accounts.

"Hm," he hummed, burying his hands in his jacket, Adra did the same. The pockets of her jacket were humongous.

"Okay," she said. What was she suppose to talk about? How had they end up walking side by side, anyway? Oh, now she remembered, they had finished their after lunch duty together.

She saw Monica talking to Rahul in front of her class and she made a move to walk there but Armaan caught her jacket.

"Where are you going?" he asked her seriously.

"To Monica," she frowned but on the inside she was jumping. Armaan had touched her jacket.

He shook his head and made a gesture for her to follow him.