11 | Fighting with your Crush

Adra had told Monica everything about her and Armaan on the phone

Adra had told Monica everything about her and Armaan on the phone. She really needed to tell someone about it because she was so confused. Did Armaan like like her? Or only like her?

"It's Armaan, Adra," Monica said, "he's confusing. I'm telling you don't be too attach to him now. First ask him if he likes you like a girlfriend."

"Ha," Adra sighed sadly. Just because her crush was paying attention to her didn't mean he liked her like a girlfriend right? But he didn't usually talk to other girls either.

"Okay don't stress too much, we'll meet tomorrow after school and talk about it, okay?" her best friend said.

"Yes," tomorrow Adra and Monica were going for Adra's birthday 'shopping'.

••••

The next day at school Armaan and Adra's class had combined accounts again. She sat a few benches in front of him because she didn't really want other people to think something was going on between them. She was also happy that Ishika wasn't sitting 100cm near her crush.

"Psst," someone whispered and she slowly leaned behind in her seat. She didn't want her teacher to be suspicious about her and Adra was trying to be subtle.

The person passed her a note and she frowned. Who was giving her notes now?

"Okay! Do sum 45, page number 8.13," their teacher announced.

Adra flipped the pages of her book with one hand as she opened the note under her desk with another.

Come behind

Adra already knew who had written it. She looked over her shoulder and saw Armaan already looking at her. She pouted and shrugged her shoulders, pointing at the teacher with her eyes.

Adra quickly turned around, not wanting to be caught looking at him. She started doing the sum but stopped when she saw Armaan walking by her to the teacher's table.

"Sure," Adra heard the teacher say. Then Armaan walked by her and winked at her. Adra's eyes widened.

She buried her face in the book again, but not for long. Armaan had dragged a desk and was now sitting beside her.

"Kya?" her mouth spoke on its own accord. She looked at the teacher but she seemed to be least bothered.

"I told ma'am I needed help," he shrugged, moving closer to her, "just an excuse, actually. Next time when we have combine classes sit near me."

"But-t," she stammered, "it's embarrassing," she whispered.

"It's not," he whispered back, "anyway, you don't mind writing my name in your books and on the table but you feel embarrassed about sitting next to me?" he smirked at her.