Sacrifices

Izuku POV:

Today was the same as yesterday, everyone giving it their all in their training with no care if their dead tired afterwards. "Keep moving kid!" My training today consisted of switching from element to element to adjust to the drain in stamina. Only mom and the pros were aware what was really going on in the background. "Good news kittens! Tonight after dinner, were having a test of courage. So work hard, and later you can play hard." Everyone started to cheer with me worried about what's happening tonight. "Tiger, we are taking measures about the you know what tonight right?" "Don't worry, we have it taken care of. If we act as if we know, it wont end well for our two helpers."

I thought on this and agreed. If something went wrong with their plan, they may point to Dabi and Toga for leaking the info and hurt them. 'I can't let that happen and risk having their deaths on my conscience. That's not fair to them either after everything they've done for us. I'll just play along with everyone not knowing whats happening.' I immediately remember my moms words and that I was able to use my quirk if things went south. This gave me a little comfort, but not as much as I would wish. 'I don't know what is gonna happen, but please let this bad feeling in my gut be nothing.'

Later that Evening

"Nice, we filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes! Now it's time for..." "A totally awesome test of courage!" Mina started to cheer with all of our classmates that failed with her. "Not so fast. The students who failed did not show enough progress for my liking today in training. It pains me to say it, but your all coming with me." Mom wraps them all in her capture gear before coming over to me. "Do you mind if I take my granddaughter with me?" "Ok." I pass Eri over to her with her delight in playing with her grandma to be held in what was left of moms capture gear. 'That's less people I have to worry about.'

"Izuku, is that safe for Eri?" "Relax Momo. I was put in the same way with over a dozen kids being held by her capture gear. Eri's gonna fine." 'Eri's not the one I'm more worried about tonight. If anything goes bad, I know mom will keep her safe at the cost of her own.' Pixie Bob started to explain the rules with class A going first in groups. By luck of the draw, I was the only person without a partner of our group of 15. "Now, class B will head into the woods and prepare to terrify class A! Mwahahaha!" "Do we really need the creepy laugh?" I had to agree with Kyoka on that part with our class starting after a few minutes go by.

As we went in, I still couldn't shake the feeling something bad was about to happen. 'I should've asked mom to take Ochako and the others with her to make sure some of the main targets are somewhere safe.' Pixie Bob starts to smell something strange and looks around. "There's a fowl stench in the air." "Look over there." I look over and see blue fire. I start to go pale and get ready for anything."Has something been set ablaze?" "Hey, what's going on!" Pixie Bob starts flying back with me holding her with telekinesis to prevent her from moving any farther.. "Tiger, Mandalay! It's happening now!" I look over to see two women, One with a giant magnet and another that looked like she had a lizard quirk.

"Not bad kid, but can you protect her and hold her at the same time?" The woman starts charging at Pixie Bob with the magnet about to hit her. I immediately combine OFA and my telekinesis to push her into the other woman. I released the telekinesis on her and had her come back. "I owe you one." "Don't thank me yet, there's a lot of work still needing to get done." Mandalay looks over to my classmates that didn't go yet and tells them what to do. "Go to Aizawa and tell her what's going on. Izuku, follow them." I ignore Mandalay and go into the forest.

"Izuku, what are you doing?" "Their after me and the girls with my kids. I'm not letting them spend one extra second in this danger!" I dart into an area where pink smoke was filling the area. I didn't know what it was, so I held my breath and ran deeper in. I eventually found Ibara and one of her classmates unconscious in the smoke and panicked a bit. "Tornado!" I immediately made a tornado of the gas and checked on them both. "Ibara, say something?...Their breathing. Unconscious, but breathing." I sigh in relief before I get a tap on my shoulder by Itsuka.