6. Detached >Steve<

I'm trying to update, y'all. Lemme tell y'all sum'in. It's really hard. 😂
______________________________________

"Good morning, Cap. It's good to see you awake," Tony Stark greeted him in one morning while sipping his coffee as he monitored over Peter Parker doing his homework at the table. Steve Rogers only smiled convincingly before he made himself a cup of tea that he drinks everyday.

He was feeling a little out of normality the moment he woke up. He suddenly felt emotionally detached as if he was a body without a soul right now. It should be concerning but Steve had felt this before so he thought it was nothing too serious to think about.

"Not much of a talker this morning?" Tony asked. "Hi, Mr. Steve!" Peter grinned from his spot in front of Tony. "Thinking a lot of stuff, and hi, kid. See you later. I'm heading out now," he said without any emotions showing on his face or voice as he walked out. He felt two pair of similar brown eyes watching him as he walked away, feeling the concern looks thrown at him. Steve ignored it went to the place he usually did his morning runs at and started his laps.

About 60 laps later, the blond finally stopped to catch his breath under a shady tree, sweating only a small amount. He watched as some kids played around the park, only remembering that it was already Saturday. Clearly there's no school today. Huh, no wonder Peter was at the tower, he thought numbly.

Then he saw an elderly woman probably not more than 40 years old strolling with a stroller and a squirming giggly baby in it. The woman stopped and sit on the bench right next to him with a fond smile. "Be careful, Oliver! Take care of your baby brother! Don't stray too far away!" she waved at two boys that looked like a middle school student and a kindergarten child playing not too far away.

Steve unnoticeably went relaxed and he smiled at the woman smiling at him. "What are you doing here alone, handsome young man?" she asked. The male flushed slightly before replying, "I just finished my run. I always do this everyday." The woman, who introduced herself as Lilith laughed merrily. "I see," she said. "I just moved here a week ago. The kids really wanted to go to the park so badly. I couldn't help but to agree."

The superhero chuckled softly. "I was a trouble back then when I was young and my best friend always had to save me from the bullying I received." Lilith raised an eyebrow at the story before grinning, "You're still tame. Back then when I was young, I was wild. Partying until late at night, do illegal stuff with my friends that I don't think that Captain America would want to know."

Steve laughed at the statement before nodding. "It is a little weird to be in this century because girls back in my days were all too girlish to do anything violent except for Peggy." The two of them spent a few more minutes talking before Steve excused himself, saying that he needs to go back to the tower. The woman bid him farewell before calling his name as if she just remembered something.

"Steven!"

Steve turned around, tilting his head to one side questioningly. "Yes, ma'am?" Lilith smiled gently. "Try to bond with your teammates, dear. You look awfully lonely and tensed a while ago. I can't say I understood how it feels to be brought to this century out of the blue but I do understand how lonely it feels. The Avengers are your family now. Blood is not the only factor for someone to be your family, your bond with them does too. You lose people and you gain more as you move forward. Cherish them while you can," she advised.

His heart shattered a little, not because of her words but because of the memories he had of his past life. His commandos never thought of him as family. Just a leader. The only family he had back then was only his Ma before she past away and Bucky. His current teammates never thought of him as family either. They never approached him and never talked to him much about non-work related things. They did ask him to join their Thursday's movie nights but it was not even them who asked. It was Peter. He can't even remember the last time someone– other than Peter– called him Steve either ever since he got in this whole future mess.