14. Boss Bitch

Another Field Trip!AU where Peter wasn't allowed to go to the said field trip and didn't know the destination of the said trip. So Tony took pity on him and let him stay in the lab. Add in surprise element. 😂
______________________________________

Peter was utterly disappointed that day when Mr Harrington told him that he couldn't go to the secret field trip because he had missed out a lot of Academic Decathlon practices. When he went to the Avengers HQ, Happy had asked him why he was sad. Though Peter just waved it away and said nothing. Slightly concerned, Happy immediately sent a message to Tony saying, "Your kid is sad. Fix it."

"Hey, Underoos. Happy messaged me saying that he was concerned about you. Not exactly his words but still. Why so down?" Tony asked as soon as Peter stepped into the lab with a sigh. The teenager fidgeted slightly before replying, "My Academic Decathlon team will have a surprise field trip tomorrow but I'm not allowed to go because I missed out practices a lot."

Tony softened slightly, beckoning him closer to pull him into a hug. "Aw, Pete. Don't look so gloom. I'm sure wherever you're going isn't as fun as my Tower anyway," he boasted. Peter couldn't help but snorted. "How about this instead? Why don't we ask Aunt May to let you stay for the night and you can work in your lab tomorrow so that you didn't have to go to school. Wakanda Princess and Harley are coming over tonight. You two can stay in your labs. Sounds good?"

Peter beamed brightly as his father figure with excitement, brown eyes glimmering. "Really, Mr Stark?" Tony nodded sincerely and laughed when the boy pulled him into a hug, being mindful of his power. "Thank you, Dad!" he blurted out before he froze, realising what he had just said. Instantly he pulled away, looking at his feet with embarrassment. "S-Sorry, Mr Stark. I-I was overexcited."

"I don't mind, son," Tony placed a hand on his shoulder, smiling fondly. "I like the sound of it," he added right after. Peter blushed bright red, heart hammering in his chest at the thought of his mentor being his father. The man pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead before pulling away. "Now, FRIDAY, send a message to Peter's aunt and tell her that he'll be staying here, can you?" Tony directed and FRIDAY responded with affirmation.

"Wanna see the updates I made for your suit?" Tony smirked and Peter perked up instantly, talking miles and miles about the topic.

•|•

Steve called them down before dinner with a small frown. "I bet if I hadn't called you two, you wouldn't even realise that it's almost dinner time. Honestly, Tony, Peter is still a growing child. He needs food," the blond chastised. Tony and Peter smiled sheepishly at him before they went to freshen up, cleaning themselves away from the oil stains and greases from their body before going to the kitchen.

"I thought of making Italian cuisine today. Bucky and Natasha helped me make them," Steve said softly as he placed the food on the table. It was filled with homemade pizza, spaghetti and meatball, lasagna, ravioli and panna cotta. Natasha, Pepper, Clint, Bucky, Sam, Bruce, Loki and Thor sat around the table, waiting. They greeted the father and son pair as they joined them as well. "Wow, this is a lot of food," Peter gaped at the table. "Well, Mr Domestic Muscled Hotshot always cooks so much," Tony teased when Steve sat next to him, Peter on his other side.

They all finally digged in.

Peter proved himself to have the appetite that can rival Thor, Steve and Bucky altogether but luckily the food was ridiculously a lot for them all.