12. Efforts >Stony<

Hogwarts!AU, Seventh Year
______________________________________

"Hey, hot stuff. Do you want to go on a date with me?" Anthony Edward Stark, the obnoxious Slytherin prince, asked with a confident cocky smirk on his face as he came to sit down at the Gryffindor table at lunch, making one exasperate Steve Rogers covered his face with- well, exasperation.

It was not an uncommon thing for Tony Stark to ask Steve Rogers out on a date. In fact, the Slytherin had been trying to get the Gryffindor's Golden Boy to go out with him since First Year but his attempts were always fruitless and unsuccessful. But the brunette was anything but impatient. He took it as a challenge to get the blond boy to fall for him.

Why was Tony so fixated to make Steve fall for him? Easy question with a simple answer.

Tony was secretly in love with him.

Everyone else thought he was just trying to win a bet that people made since First Year about bedding Steve Rogers but to the people that tried, it always failed. Tony was one of them that failed but he didn't do it for the bet obviously. Everyone just thought he was. Steve absolutely refused to date anyone, always rejecting them with a polite smile.

Which brought them back to the current situation.

"Stark, I'm not gonna ever date you," Steve groaned, rolling his eyes, clutching his books to his chest as he stood up to leave for Potions that he shared with the Slytherins- with Tony. "Just give up, will you? My answer is always going to be a 'no' no matter how many times you asked!"

Thor walked next to Tony, watching as Steve scurried along the corridor to their class. The tall male gave Tony a small smile when the latter sighed. "Don't fret too much about it, Stark. Steve is just a little wary of getting his heart broken again," he said. Oh, Tony realised. I never heard that Steve has a crush on someone?

The question must've shown on his face as he pondered. Thor smiled wryly as they walked to the dungeons. "Back then, he had a massive crush on this Ravenclaw guy since First Year. Up until Fourth Year, during the Yule Ball, the guy asked him out. Steve was over the Moon so to speak. But then that night he overheard his date talking to his friends about a bet. To successfully bed him."

Tony inhaled sharply. That bet, he thought. Oh, no wonder Steve looked so worn down the next day. "Ever the Gryffindor even when he was crushed with a broken heart, he confronted them, telling the guy that it was over between them. He spent a week crying but surprisingly he cheered up when you bothered him by asking him out. Again."

Tony sighed as he shook his head. "I don't normally blurt out stuff but I'm not asking him out because of a stupid bet. As a Slytherin, obviously, a bet or a dare is something we never back down from no matter how brutal it is but I genuinely want Steve Rogers," he said, freezing at the entrance. "He's very cute. He's absolutely smart. He has a big heart. He's intriguing and he's a challenge to me every day."

"Ever since I saw him at Madam Malkin's, trying to fit in robes with his ridiculously small 11-year-old body, beautiful blue eyes wandering around with awe as if he never actually saw something like that before, I was attracted to him," Tony groaned, rubbing his face. "I sound like a lovesick fool." He immediately walked in the classroom, feeling Thor's surprised gaze on his back as he passed the door, face flushing bright red. Fucking hell, he thought.

The lesson went on as usual with Tony successfully brewing a perfect potion with his partner, fellow Slytherin and close friend, Natasha Romanoff, getting extra house points from Professor Snape.

Later at dinner, Tony tried his luck again as everyone was down at the Great Hall to eat after a tiring day. He stalked towards the Gryffindor table and slammed his palms on the wood. A few curious people eyed him but paid him not much attention since it was a regular thing for Tony to do.