chapter xxiv

Shifting from having no classes with those I despised with my entire existence to them being literally everywhere I turn, is exhausting. Around humans, I couldn't growl or even allow my emotions to take control to keep them safe but in every single one of my classes one or more of the Bloodsuckers appeared within a five foot radius of me.

In Music Theory, which I shared with Mind Reader and Empath, I did my exam early so Mr. Leiper sends me to a practice room to keep to myself. He liked me and I appreciate all that he's done for me this year, he gave me an old keyboard that I hide in my room so I could play when I'm overwhelmed. I check my wrist watch before playing the latest addition to my repertoire, Hammerklavier by Beethoven, only to be interrupted by the lunch bell ringing and someone at the door.

Before they could see my face I ran out of the door, dragging Angela into the lunchroom. Angela, in turn, drags me to the seat between her and Eric so I could help her address her Graduation notices. Bella and Edward sit down with Mike and Jessica, joining us. I send a pointed look to Mind Reader warning him that I'm not in the mood and he moves slightly away from Bella.

Oh shit I better write that speech. Mike looks over at me and sees what I was doing, taking the legal pad from my hands, "I've got your back, Kota."

He starts to write what he's saying out loud onto the pad, "My fellow students."

I snort at his cliche beginning, "Cool. Cute."

He rolls his eyes at me, continuing to spew nonsense, "We are the future. Anything is possible...If you just believe."

"Nice," Angela mumbles looking up from her envelope, silently pleading with me to help her.

I chuckle as Mike stops writing rips off the page and hands it to me, "Blah, blah, blah... Perfect. And got yourself a speech."

Jessica takes the paper from my hands looking at it shaking her head in disgust at his speech ideas, "No, this will be her speech, when she wants everyone to throw diplomas at her head. So...Thank you but I'll help her."

She crumples the paper and tosses it at him. Mike looks at me and I shrug, "I'm already horrible at public speaking so this speech won't help my fleeting sanity if I'm wanting to gouge my own eyes out from boredom."

Everyone at the table laughs at my joke including Cullen. Mike pouts at me and grabs my hand from across the table, "You will be awesome, Kota. Ya gotta embrace the cliches, though."

"They are the bread and butter of all valedictorians," Eric agrees with his most of the time moronic best friend.

Angela must sense my internal panic attack, putting down her stationary to smile at me, "And that is why you are not valedictorian. And Kods doesn't need cliches. Her speech is gonna be epic."

I cocked an eyebrow at Angela, "Epic?"

She laughs, nodding and Bella agrees, "It'll change lives." Hopefully save yours...

Alice and Jasper have quite randomly popped up behind Edward and Bella, carrying trays of food they won't eat. As they sit Alice looks around the crowded table, announcing, "I decided to throw a party."

I cocked an eyebrow at her, curious on why she's suddenly decided to have hundreds of humans at their home. Is it going to be Bella's buffet for when she's a bloodsucker too? No, that would be too conspicuous. Everyone aside from Bella and Edward look surprised by the announcement, myself included as I try to suppress the growl that's trying to escape the back of my throat. Jasper looks at his siblings, Bella and I smirking, "After all, how many times we gonna graduate high school?"