chapter xxv

Sunday

Tonight is the night, we're going to kill this redheaded nuisance once and for all. The Cullens are maintaining perimeter on their side of the creek while the Pack is covering ours. Sam ordered Quil, Leah and Seth to sit this one out while the rest of us Phase to catch the leech. On my right I see a streak of red, Victoria, and she jumps to our side of the creek. But just as fast, she jumps to the Cullen's side and the big burly one with black hair grunts pleased, "All ours now."

The Cullens close in, the burly one is so close he grabs hold of her shoulders and hair. He takes a hold on her but they flip and Victoria uses the momentum to her advantage and flings him off and she gets up into a tree. She flies over to our side landing about 20 feet in front of me and Paul. The vamp who had her in his grasp tries to follow her over here and the second his feet hit our land Paul neglects Victoria and faces him.

"PAUL FOCUS ON VICTORIA! WE'LL DEAL WITH HIM LATER DAMNIT!" Sam and I scream in our head but he ignores us and continues to have his standoff.

"FUCK THIS, IMMA GET HER MYSELF!" I think charging at the redhead with Embry following closely behind.

Paul growls at Cullen crouching ready to pounce. Embry and I chase her, I was so close I got her hair in my mouth but she picks up her speed and jumps into a tree that Embry and I couldn't get into. She doesn't run away but looks back in the direction of the quarrel between Paul and Cullen, surprised to see what is happening. The two charge each other, rolling a dozen yards in the dirt.

"PAUL, STAND DOWN!" Sam orders in his Alpha tone to insure his member would listen. When the two separate and I look up the tree, Victoria was gone.

"FUCK! SHE'S GONE."

After everyone had settled down and made their way back to Sam's, we did not say a word. Complete silence until we all got inside and sat in the living room. "Let me be the one to break the silence," I start from the floor, in front of the sofa,."What the Hell were you thinking, Paul?!" I yell looking behind me to where he was sitting.

In a jumble of words and questioning, the once quiet room was filled with anger and frustration at him. Sam cleared his throat to silence everyone, "What's done is done. Now next time we'll make sure that she will not get away. Nothing will be left to chance. Now everyone go get some sleep."

I get up at 6, contemplating whether or not I'm really in the mood to go to school and face the Cullens. I decide against it and head downstairs from my room, the attic, to make breakfast and coffee, of course I'm the only one awake. I look into the fridge and cupboards to find bacon, ingredients for monkey bread, and eggs. By the time I pulled my third monkey bread out of the oven and made a pan full of bacon and eggs, the boys woke up mumbling as they sit at the table patiently waiting for their food.

"Smells good. What are you making Kota?" Jared asks plopping himself on the bar stool facing me and the kitchen.

Laying out the plates, bread, bacon and eggs in front of the boys at the table I yawn, "Thanks. It's monkey bread, bacon and eggs. Sorry if it's not as good as Emily's cooking, I was bored."

Piling the food onto their plates and my own they all looked at me with curiosity when I said monkey bread. "Just try it," I tell them not in the mood to explain it.

I sit on top of the kitchen counter eating my helping as the boys dug into their food, all with the same look on their face. Emily and Sam walked into the room to see the food laid out and us already eating. "Looks like someone was busy this morning and took my place in the kitchen," Emily says, looking pleased that she doesn't have to cook this morning and takes a piece of the monkey bread off of Quil's plate.