~Masked by darkness~

"We're here!" The blue skeleton squealed. There, stood a tall castle, looking old as ever. "Ah- Killer, stay here! I'll go talk about these intruders to the king." Killer sighed, looking away while crossing their arms. "Wait, wH-- Don't tell the 'king' about us, idiot!" Horror said while tugging on the blue skeleton's sleeve. "Ah- I know you might be scared, but worry not, the king is really kind, well kinda. . ." Blue hesitated a bit, looking over at Dust; Dust just gave a soft nod, agreeing to Horror. Blue just waited a bit, before looking down, sighing a bit. "you're right. Well, you all would be staying without the king's permission." Dust chuckled a bit, before just flicking on Blue's skull. "Pfft- thanks to you, Blue!" Dust exclaimed, being pretty excited actually.  "What?! Oh look at you, not following the rules- we aren't supposed to do this!" Killer said, squealing at the last part. Now, the whole crew stared at Killer. Cross really did understand the situation well, he knew how much trouble they both would be getting into if that 'king' knew about the crew, but then, on the other hand, Horror glared daggers at Killer, and Blue definitely realised how Killer is just being an idiot, he had to save his pity ass again, coughing a bit, as the others turned their attention towards Blue. "Why not we think about a way to sneak in the castle instead of raging at Killer?" Blue said in a hurry, trying to take control of the situation, just to save Killer again, and actually succeeding at it. Nightmare seemed to understand the situation a bit calmer this time, as he just sighed, looking around, there weren't any guards, this was where the king lives? So unsecured, maybe they trust others a bit too much? He wanted to question it, hesitating a bit, as he looked over at Killer, he just stared at him for a bit, before just silently gripping on his left leg with his tentacle, he snatched his tentacle back, making Killer hang upside down, with an uncomfortable distance between him and Nightmare. "Why aren't there any guards guarding this place?" He asked with his poker face. Killer stuttered a bit, blushing a soft pastel red blush flushing on his cheekbones in embarrassment, sure the distance was uncomfortably close, and Killer just gets flustered easily, "W-Well, it's because th-there's a magical barrier, surrounding the castle, d-duh!" Killer replied quickly, looking away, but his stuttering didn't help him. Nightmare just dropped him on the ground as there were no further questions that we wanted to ask. Killer screeched, hitting the ground, it didn't actually hurt, probably because the height wasn't that tall, and the grass helped in landing gently. "aCk- At least give me a warning!" Killer huffed, rubbing the side of his skull. Nightmare didn't even care to respond, he just stared with a blank expression, and that was definitely creeping Killer out, he dragged Blue in between, he was the King's favourite after all, he'd probably know some other way to get in there. "Blue, do you even know any other way we could enter the castle?" Killer asked, Cross interrupted in between, shoving Blue to the side, as he continued after Killer "Wait, don't you two work for that 'king' of yours, you should probably be familiar with this place, I mean you should be, right?" Cross asked with a gasp. Killer blinked twice, before chuckling awkwardly "Well. . ." he gave a long pause, so Blue chirped in between "It's because he's to be mostly kicked out of the castle, for most of the time. For some reason, the king just hates him more than the others." Blue said, breaking the silence between them both, and after that sentence, the whole crew laughed hysterically, as the crew wasn't really far away from each other, and- Blue was just too loud. Killer couldn't handle all this embarrassment at once, so he just started stomping away, of course, he wasn't gonna leave just like that. Dust just chuckled, dragging Killer back by his hood, Killer yelped a bit, and he just accepted his faith, he just crossed his arms as he got dragged across the field. Killer pouted his lower lip upon his upper lip, being the brat he was. (shaddup. Yes, lip, don't ask) He growled at the crew, and Blue just chuckled with the others, as he mouthed 'sorry' at Killer, Killer just stuck out his tongue in response, turning his head to the side, facing the other side. Blue shifted away from the crew and towards Killer, as he patted his back, Killer winced, but he, unfortunately, couldn't do anything to Blue, or else the king would almost kill him for hurting his favourite boi. Blue thought patting Killer comforted him, who knew Killer was imagining all the ways he could murder the small skeleton after the king kicks him out. But, well, Blue mentally noted that Killer could be comforted by pats.

Meanwhile, Horror and Error were discussing all the ways they could lead the crew inside the castle, and Nightmare wasn't in the mood to get the best of him in this trespassing plan, and Cross and Dust were just plucking out grass and yeeting it away, well, don't question them, they were seriously bored. Blue quickly looked over at Dust and Cross, he giggled to himself, before he ran over to them. He looked up at Dust, with his arms behind his back and a wide grin on his face. Dust was about to throw away the chunk of grass, but he stopped in the middle when he noticed Blue. "Hm. . ? Oh, blue, did you need anything-- what's that behind your back? What are ya' hiding?" Dust asked Blue, with his arms crossed, and a small smile forming on his face. Blue revealed a small chunk of grass in his hands, giving Dust a close-eyed smile. They both giggled a bit before Dust yelled: "Well then, let's see who throws it the farthest!"

(AAAA- Sorry for the late update again, it's just because my exams are going on, so-- yeah, they're still going on, but I wanted to just update the fourth chapter so badly. Well, here's the thing, I have no idea what I'm writing so, just try not to quote me qwq

Word Count- 1014

Well, bye for now!)

-Crystal