{9}

I turn my phone on and look at the time. 9:21 P.M. it reads. Have I been out that long?

I sigh and look up at the tombstone, running my hand over the carving, closing my eyes and remembering our last moments with him.

The night that he died was devastating, especially for me. It was my graduation night. The ceremony was already almost over and the Principal was giving his final speech. That was when I got the text from Yoongi. It was a pretty frantic one, one that I didn't understand.

When the ceremony was finally over, I only found my dad in the crowd, looking at me with pity and regret. "Let's go. They're waiting for us," he said.

My first though was 'they?' Why weren't mom and Yoongi here with dad? Did they not want to come?

Dad and I walked to the car and drove to the house. Once we got inside the house, I could hear my mother crying and Yoongi trying to comfort her in the kitchen.

I looked to dad but he was already past me, walking towards the kitchen. I follow him and the state of my mother broke my heart.

She was sitting in one of the chairs, holding my older brother's old stuffed elephant to her chest. Tears streamed down her face, and over and over again, she kept mumbling to herself, "I shouldn't have let you go."

I walked over to Yoongi and put a hand on mom's back, rubbing up and down soothingly. "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"It's Jae Lin. The flight that he was on?" I nod as he pauses, gulping. "It crashed."

My hand retracts from mom's back and covers my mouth in shock, as my eyes go wide.

"W-what? His plane... C-crashed?" My vision becomes blurry and my breathing become rapid, making it harder for me to breath each time I try.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Yoongi let's go of mom as dad takes his place in comforting her.

I put my hand on my chest, trying to steady my breathing, but it's no use. On top of that, it feels as if someone is trying to rip my heart out. Using knives.

"Hey, Y/n. Breath. Breath. It's going to be okay," Yoongi pulls me into a hug, stroking my hair.

My breathing starts becoming steadier as Yoongi continues to calm me. However, the tears are still coming down. Hard.

I cry into his chest, soaking his shirt, but he doesn't care about that. I guess his main priority was to comfort me.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, snapping me out of my trance. I sigh and get up, giving one last, longing  glance at the tombstone, before walking out of the cemetery and back to the boys' dormitory.

I knock on the door, waiting for a few seconds before it gets opened, revealing a worried Yoongi. His eyes widen once he sees my state; my eyes are all red and my hair and clothes are a complete mess.

"Y/n, thank god you're back," Yoongi breathes a sigh of relief and pulls me into his arms.

"Hyung? Is that her?" Jimin yells.

Yoongi ignores him and keeps his focus on me. "Y/n, you don't know how worried we've all been. We were literally about to file a missing persons report for you." He pulls back when he gets no answer. "You went to visit him again, right?"

I nod and keep my head down, not wanting to look at him right now.

"O-oppa?" He hums and continues to stroke my hair. "I'm hungry." He chuckles and brings me in, closing the door behind him. I walk to the kitchen, passing the living room where Jimin is on the phone sounding frantic and worried.